Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taking a poll on Richardson and everyone's views...

coltsblue1844

Anthony Richardson  

89 members have voted

1. 1. This forum is so divided on Anthony Richardson, I wanted to take a poll. Do you think Richardson will still be our starting QB in 3 years, yes or no. Do you think he will be a high caliber QB in 3 years, yes or no? Feel free to comment on why you chose your answers!

• Yes he will still be our starter in 3 years
    • No he will not be our starter in 3 years
    • Yes he will be a high caliber QB in 3 years
    • No he will not be a high caliber QB in 3 years

17 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Just reading through the comment there is a lot of bickering. 

Honestly any completely unbiased opinion/viewpoint with an understanding of football would say the sample size is not near big enough to make any fair determination of what AR is. However what we have seen thus far health and play on the field is not good, not good at all. By all metrics the only QB worse is Bryce Young.

There solved it

This is just wrong. Objectively wrong. Several tweets have been posted on this forum over the last weeks with statistics showing AR very clearly has a lot of potential whilst not playing like crap - despite the narrative some here want to push. Don't get me wrong - it's not been all sunshine and roses either, but his supporting cast was pretty % through the first 3 weeks for instance - AR was near top of the league in receiver drops.

Playing Flacco whilst AR is ready gives us nothing. NOTHING. It'll just be a wasted season and we've had more than enough of that in the Ballard era.

18 hours ago, ImissPeyton18 said:

you do have the right to be stupid. don't let anyone tell you different.

It's good to hear that from someone with experience on the subject. Now I know I'll still have rights if I suffer severe head trauma. Is that what happened to you or were you just born this way? 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Solid84 said:

This is just wrong. Objectively wrong. Several tweets have been posted on this forum over the last weeks with statistics showing AR very clearly has a lot of potential whilst not playing like crap - despite the narrative some here want to push. Don't get me wrong - it's not been all sunshine and roses either, but his supporting cast was pretty % through the first 3 weeks for instance - AR was near top of the league in receiver drops.

Playing Flacco whilst AR is ready gives us nothing. NOTHING. It'll just be a wasted season and we've had more than enough of that in the Ballard era.

Several tweets? Lol how about just go look at the stats for yourself. Pff has had him second to last among starters only ahead of Bryce Young right up until this last week where he had a strong showing before leaving the game. Now he is tied for 25th. He was also in the bottom 5 of qbr right up until last week now he is 22nd. Him Skyler Thompson and Will Levis have  the most turn over worthy plays by a pretty wide gap. So yea the potential is yes absolutely there 100 percent. Do the stats look good? Absolutely not lol.

Even by the eye test outside of his momentary flashes of brilliance he hasnt looked good. He is sailing balls NFL qbs make regularly. His mechanics and footwork are off and he seems to have no idea how to protect himself. So yah you can say im objectively and completely wrong, sure, doesn't make it reality. 

40 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Several tweets? Lol how about just go look at the stats for yourself. Pff has had him second to last among starters only ahead of Bryce Young right up until this last week where he had a strong showing before leaving the game. Now he is tied for 25th. He was also in the bottom 5 of qbr right up until last week now he is 22nd. Him Skyler Thompson and Will Levis have  the most turn over worthy plays by a pretty wide gap. So yea the potential is yes absolutely there 100 percent. Do the stats look good? Absolutely not lol.

Even by the eye test outside of his momentary flashes of brilliance he hasnt looked good. He is sailing balls NFL qbs make regularly. His mechanics and footwork are off and he seems to have no idea how to protect himself. So yah you can say im objectively and completely wrong, sure, doesn't make it reality. 

You said by all metrics he’s the 2nd worst QB in the league. Go look in the Richardson progress thread. There are several showing he’s not. So yeah, you’re wrong.

6 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

You said by all metrics he’s the 2nd worst QB in the league. Go look in the Richardson progress thread. There are several showing he’s not. So yeah, you’re wrong.

Sure your right he is not anymore. The only one stat site that matters to me is pff as they incorporate everything into their rankings, and before they updated the list he was second to last. Truth is what makes an NFL Qb is consistency, accuracy and the ability to read the play in the real time. He has shown that he has the mental aspect for sure. However consistency and accuracy are severely lacking, Throwing a 65 yard bomb off your back foot while getting sacked is electric as hell, but if you cant complete the 10 yard hook route to Pittman 19 times out of 20 your not going to last in this league. Also blowing away linebackers and Dline men with your speed is also electric as hell but if your a running QB and cant stay healthy. Also not going to last.

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

Sure your right he is not anymore. The only one stat site that matters to me is pff as they incorporate everything into their rankings, and before they updated the list he was second to last. Truth is what makes an NFL Qb is consistency, accuracy and the ability to read the play in the real time. He has shown that he has the mental aspect for sure. However consistency and accuracy are severely lacking, Throwing a 65 yard bomb off your back foot while getting sacked is electric as hell, but if you cant complete the 10 yard hook route to Pittman 19 times out of 20 your not going to last in this league. Also blowing away linebackers and Dline men with your speed is also electric as hell but if your a running QB and cant stay healthy. Also not going to last.

But he’s also only played 8-9 games, man. People are expecting him to be prime Manning day one and it’s honestly ridiculous. 

I do agree the injuries are a concern at this point. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

But he’s also only played 8-9 games, man. People are expecting him to be prime Manning day one and it’s honestly ridiculous. 

Manning was a generational QB. He changed how the QBs play the game.  Remember how Manning took excessive time at the line. People were saying what is he doing? Just snap the ball and quit wasting time. Now most every QB imulates what Manning started. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Nobody is expecting him to be prime Peyton Manning. You cant equate completing routine NFL passes with prime PM. There is a whole lot of middle ground there you would like to see AR fall into. The accuracy is concerning.

On 10/4/2024 at 7:19 PM, ImissPeyton18 said:

From reading Indee angle on this I did not get Cam Newton sucks as you took it. That was your words. When Cam was in a good head space he was good. When he wasn't playing well, he could not recover . He was always inconsistent. We all saw him sulking on the bench instead of reviewing what went wrong and how to do better. This is a classic problem with great athletes. They can run fast. they can throw the ball really far. But they cannot play QB at the professional level consistently year in and year out and be the face of the franchise for 15 to 18 years. Manning, Luck,Unitas and even Harbough set the level high on quarterback play. Why stop looking  and settling for much less. Keep looking and trying to get better.

For all those people who say great athletes "they can throw really far", if you think AR is just that, it's a little naive.  He hit THREE 50 yard plus bombs his first game this year.   In not sure how many QBs have done that in a single game in their lifetime.   The longest bomb he hit Pierce in stride.   It was INCREDIBLE.  Is he perfect?  No.  He's a work in progress.  Yes, the Peyron Manning comparable are laughable.  AR is no where near as talented as Manning was coming out of college.  Anyone who makes comparisons of those two is fooling themselves.  A better comp is Allen.  Hell,  even Lamar Jackson used to get hurt frequently,  until he figured out how to avoid contact.  If AR doesn't figure out that his availability is his number one asset, he won't last in this league.  And while we all have our opinions, let's stand behind Anthony Richardson as long as he dons the shoe!  If you are a true Colts fan, you should want all our players to do well, especially our QB!  Lastly, I was on the side of letting him learn on the fly because he needs the reps, but I'm starting to wonder if he's not mature enough to handle it and needs to sit behind a vet for another year.  Go Colts!

6 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Nobody is expecting him to be prime Peyton Manning. You cant equate completing routine NFL passes with prime PM. There is a whole lot of middle ground there you would like to see AR fall into. The accuracy is concerning.

The accuracy is what it has been for SO many other rookie QBs. It gets blown out of proportion.