Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taking a poll on Richardson and everyone's views...

coltsblue1844

Anthony Richardson  

70 members have voted

1. 1. This forum is so divided on Anthony Richardson, I wanted to take a poll. Do you think Richardson will still be our starting QB in 3 years, yes or no. Do you think he will be a high caliber QB in 3 years, yes or no? Feel free to comment on why you chose your answers!

• Yes he will still be our starter in 3 years
    • No he will not be our starter in 3 years
    • Yes he will be a high caliber QB in 3 years
    • No he will not be a high caliber QB in 3 years

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He's our QB for the next 3 years at least, so what you guys going to do? Just bag on him. Honestly, I have no idea whether he will be good or bad. So far when he has played, he has looked good for the most part. Give it 2 seasons, then we can discuss this. He may stay healthy the rest of the season for all we know. If he doesn't than you win.

We can discuss it whenever we want. It's going to get discussed every week. You must understand that, right? The progress of a young 1st round QB on any team is going to get discussed every week. When you have a guy as talented as Richardson with the ups and downs he has, including the injuries, it's going to get discussed even more. 

I just hope he can make it through two seasons without another serious injury. That doesn't seem obvious right now. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BeanDiasucci said:

The biggest reason the Colts went 3-13 was that their defense was the worst in the league. Their offense was in the middle of the league. It was Peyton's worst season, but he still was first team All-Rookie. He was much better than Richardson is now. I'm not saying that to downgrade Richardson, but just because it's an obvious fact. 

It was Peyton freakin Manning. My point was even Peyton struggled as a rookie. Josh Allen was terrible as a rookie.

1 minute ago, BeanDiasucci said:

We can discuss it whenever we want. It's going to get discussed every week. You must understand that, right? The progress of a young 1st round QB on any team is going to get discussed every week. When you have a guy as talented as Richardson with the ups and downs he has, including the injuries, it's going to get discussed even more. 

I just hope he can make it through two seasons without another serious injury. That doesn't seem obvious right now. 

It should be discussed but to say the guy should be traded or is a bust after 9 starts is ridiculous, you do understand that, right?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It should be discussed but to say the guy should be traded or is a bust after 9 starts is ridiculous, you do understand that, right?

I don't agree with those opinions, but I 100% support the right of other fans to have and share those opinions. They may even turn out to be right. How do we know one way or the other? 

• Like 3

Just now, BeanDiasucci said:

I don't agree with those opinions, but I 100% support the right of other fans to have and share those opinions. They may even turn out to be right. How do we know one way or the other? 

I am glad you don't agree, and yes everyone has right to an opinion but give me a break, after 9 starts some of these opinions are mindboggling. I can see if the guy sucks for 3 years.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am glad you don't agree, and yes everyone has right to an opinion but give me a break, after 9 starts some of these opinions are mindboggling. I can see if the guy sucks for 3 years.

Yeah 9 starts in 2 seasons. Give me a break 🤣🤣🤣

I’m going with the odds. AR has ability beyond anything the league has really seen before. Still, QBs fail way more than they succeed. AR is super raw and unpolished so needs a lot of playing time to see if he will develop.   Unfortunately that takes time to figure out.  I doubted he would succeed when we drafted him and I see nothing yet that has changed my mind. The organization and staff are behind him and will give AR every chance to become a franchise QB. I hope it all works out but I strongly doubt it. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This realist take is bull. You are not realist. A realist would say something like the Jags stink, the Chiefs are great. You just want to dump on the Colts.

A realist would say jags stink? 😁

In "Real Time" observations with real time outcomes are what make my takes on this situation a Realist point of view.

Come on. You may want to not give up on this player yet. You make think my trading him is an overreaction. Actually, I agree with you about my assessment of trading him. It is an overreaction to want to trade him so early because I so want him to be our franchise, but it stems from not wanting to get hosed in the backend for not acting upon what seems clearly obvious at this point. The obvious being that this kid doesn't look like he is going to be able to ever give an NFL team a full complete and consistent season for whatever reason and yes, that is what we all have seen in 9 games including you. Do you need 10 games? How about 17 as the Panthers did with young. How many games are too many to wait until we make a move because by then it might be too late. You stated 3 years. That's a long time considering how many years this team has been struggling now.

I truly hope I'm wrong about this guy. I will be the first to eat major crow if I am. All I know is when anyone gets compared to Cam Newton you run a gazillion miles in the opposite direction and our BrainTrust decided to sink their own ship based on what "could be" in terms of his talent when they already knew what it could be and that was Cam Newton and Cam Newton was a terrible QB. Nuff said.

23 minutes ago, Indeee said:

A realist would say jags stink? 😁

In "Real Time" observations with real time outcomes are what make my takes on this situation a Realist point of view.

Come on. You may want to not give up on this player yet. You make think my trading him is an overreaction. Actually, I agree with you about my assessment of trading him. It is an overreaction to want to trade him so early because I so want him to be our franchise, but it stems from not wanting to get hosed in the backend for not acting upon what seems clearly obvious at this point. The obvious being that this kid doesn't look like he is going to be able to ever give an NFL team a full complete and consistent season for whatever reason and yes, that is what we all have seen in 9 games including you. Do you need 10 games? How about 17 as the Panthers did with young. How many games are too many to wait until we make a move because by then it might be too late. You stated 3 years. That's a long time considering how many years this team has been struggling now.

I truly hope I'm wrong about this guy. I will be the first to eat major crow if I am. All I know is when anyone gets compared to Cam Newton you run a gazillion miles in the opposite direction and our BrainTrust decided to sink their own ship based on what "could be" in terms of his talent when they already knew what it could be and that was Cam Newton and Cam Newton was a terrible QB. Nuff said.

Cam Newton won an MVP.  He was far from terrible 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am starting to hate this place. 

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

I hear you! It’s been rough even though we are 2-2 and the season LITERALLY just started. Was it frustrating seeing AR go out again! Absolutely. However I’m not giving up on him when there is still so many games left to evaluate and process what kind of player he is. 

As for his response on being injury prone. He’s obviously annoyed on being labeled something on such limited action. I fully expect him to come back even more focused when he gets on the field.

He had this look of confidence last season before he got injured for the rest of the season during the titans game. If you go back and watch he had the same look and demeanor during the Pittsburgh game before being out the rest of the game. Only difference this time is he can still come back this season and build upon that. He’s going to light it up next game. 

13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Cam Newton won an MVP.  He was far from terrible 

Awards aside and the SB appearance aside, his accomplishments are debatable. He was more polished than AR coming out of college in the same areas, I personally was never a fan of Cam Newton. I think from a pure QB standpoint he was not very good. He was a superb athlete who at times did wonders as a football player. So maybe my bias in the QB dept here is taking over a bit.