Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NFL Season -- Week #5 All Around the NFL game discussion

NFLfan

Thursday, Oct. 3

Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Atlanta Falcons, 8:15 p.m. ET

Sunday, Oct. 6

New York Jets vs. Minnesota Vikings, 9:30 a.m. ET

Carolina Panthers vs. Chicago Bears, 1 p.m. ET
Cleveland Browns vs. Washington Commanders, 1 p.m. ET.
Miami Dolphins vs. New England Patriots, 1 p.m. ET
Indianapolis Colts vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, 1 p.m. ET
Buffalo Bills vs. Houston Texans, 1 p.m. ET
Baltimore Ravens vs. Cincinnati Bengals, 1 p.m. ET
Las Vegas Raiders vs. Denver

Broncos, 4:05 p.m. ET
Arizona Cardinals vs. San Francisco 49ers, 4:05 p.m. ET
New York Giants vs. Seattle Seahawks, 4:25 p.m. ET
Green Bay Packers vs. Los Angeles Rams, 4:25 p.m. ET

Dallas Cowboys vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, 8:20 p.m. ET

Monday, Oct. 7

New Orleans Saints vs. Kansas City Chiefs, 8:15 p.m. ET

@NFLfan, congrats on the Mets winning. I am rooting for them, great call by Howie. Here is my call on the Falcons game winner. Captain is looking, he's looking, he fires over the middle and hits Hodge over the middle, he is at the 30, 20, 10, TD FALCONS, AND THERE ARE NO FLAGS ON THE FIELD, THE CAPTAIN DID IT, HE DID IT, THIS PLACE IS GOING CRAZY!  Captain Kirk Drinking GIF by Star Trek= 509 yards and 4 TD's. Of course I picked the Falcons, Kirk is the man! Super Bowl Yes GIF by Twitter

I am rooting for the Falcons; Kirk is so underrated that it is a joke. He finally has a team and fanbase that loves him and appreciates him. 509 yards and 4 TD's. They are going to win their division, book it! Wins over the Saints and Tampa already. Situational football, and Clutch he spikes it with 1 second left in regulation so his FG kicker could tie it. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@NFLfan, congrats on the Mets winning. I am rooting for them, great call by Howie. Here is my call on the Falcons game winner. Captain is looking, he's looking, he fires over the middle and hits Hodge over the middle, he is at the 30, 20, 10, TD FALCONS, AND THERE ARE NO FLAGS ON THE FIELD, THE CAPTAIN DID IT, HE DID IT, THIS PLACE IS GOING CRAZY!  Captain Kirk Drinking GIF by Star Trek= 509 yards and 4 TD's. Of course I picked the Falcons, Kirk is the man! Super Bowl Yes GIF by Twitter

I'm still happy with our decision to let him sign elsewhere. But good game. I chose to watch a replay of the Vikings game against the Packers and the Mets play the Brewers. So, I did not watch the Falcons beat Tampa.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am rooting for the Falcons; Kirk is so underrated that it is a joke. He finally has a team and fanbase that loves him and appreciates him. 509 yards and 4 TD's. They are going to win their division, book it! Wins over the Saints and Tampa already. Situational football, and Clutch he spikes it with 1 second left in regulation so his FG kicker could tie it. 

His fan base was not too happy with him when they played the Steelers. They are happy with him now. He has played well with them. He has won three prime time games this year. Good for him.

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I'm still happy with our decision to let him sign elsewhere. But good game. I chose to watch a replay of the Vikings game against the Packers and the Mets play the Brewers. So, I did not watch the Falcons beat Tampa.

Of course you are happy, you are 4-0 but I still don't trust Sam in the long run. Did Sam prove me wrong when I said he stunk, YES. He isn't winning you a SB though. Cousins is better and better all-time. You hate the Captain, I get it lmao . Your fanbase never liked him and yet he got the Vikings to the playoffs 3 times and even won a playoff game at the Saints beating Drew Brees. Like I said the Falcons fanbase loves him. You brought up the Steelers game, ok, but you realize he is coming off of the worst injury possible = an Achilles. I even said it would take him 4 or 5 games to get going, the guy threw for 509 yards, and you don't even acknowledge it. You know how many QB's have thrown for more than 500? I will let you guess chuckling homer simpson GIF. Good luck with AJ McCarron next year, oh I mean JJ. 

Only saw the first half. Thought both offenses were starting to roll.

Hindsight, I wish we'd gotten Mayfield instead of Matt Ryan. Mayfield may not be elite, but he's a good QB and he could've made this team a playoff team. And, he's still got plenty of years left in him.

Don't get me wrong - I really like AR, but I still feel Mayfield could be a franchise QB on the right team. He's in a good situation in Tampa now with Evans and Godwin as WRs.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Of course you are happy, you are 4-0 but I still don't trust Sam in the long run. Did Sam prove me wrong when I said he stunk, YES. He isn't winning you a SB though. Cousins is better and better all-time. You hate the Captain, I get it lmao . Your fanbase never liked him and yet he got the Vikings to the playoffs 3 times and even won a playoff game at the Saints beating Drew Brees. Like I said the Falcons fanbase loves him. You brought up the Steelers game, ok, but you realize he is coming off of the worst injury possible = an Achilles. I even said it would take him 4 or 5 games to get going, the guy threw for 509 yards, and you don't even acknowledge it. You know how many QB's have thrown for more than 500? I will let you guess chuckling homer simpson GIF. Good luck with AJ McCarron next year, oh I mean JJ. 

Quite a few have gone over 500 in a game

12 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Only saw the first half. Thought both offenses were starting to roll.

Hindsight, I wish we'd gotten Mayfield instead of Matt Ryan. Mayfield may not be elite, but he's a good QB and he could've made this team a playoff team. And, he's still got plenty of years left in him.

Don't get me wrong - I really like AR, but I still feel Mayfield could be a franchise QB on the right team. He's in a good situation in Tampa now with Evans and Godwin as WRs.

Mayfield is pretty good. I have never really dissed him a lot. Browns did him dirty and are regretting it now. 

• Like 1

Dolphins and Patriots could be considered one of the worst games this week.  I think the Patriots have the advantage since they play in NE, but neither team is playing well. 

2006Coltsbestever, how could the Browns regret cutting Mayfield when they have Deshaun Watson to lead the team? You know how well he is doing. LOL.

The Browns also made a mistake in letting Joe Flacco leave. 

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lol. Cousins took us to the playoffs twice, not 3 times, in 6 years. (Only in 2019 and 2022) With all that he was paid, we should have gone to the playoffs more times, especially because we went 13-3 with Case Keenum at QB in 2017, the year before Kirk started in MN. (Remember, Keenum beat the Saints too in the playoffs. So, beating the Saints was no great feat.) In 2018, Kirk's first year with the Vikes, we missed the playoffs (8-8), with almost the same team that Keenum took to the postseason.

I will take a pass every time a QB asks for top money unless it is Mahomes, Manning, Brady or someone of that caliber. Cousins got a $50 million signing bonus from Atlanta! The contract he signed is for $180 million. 🤦‍♀️ I will take Darnold at $10 million this year every time.

You and I will never agree on this even if Cousins wins a Super Bowl. I wrote it. Even if he wins a Super Bowl for Atlanta, I still believe we made the right decision. I wish he does win a SB for Atlanta because I am a huge fan of Arthur Blank. Great, great man! Cousins was not winning a SB for the Vikings. We gave him 6 years to do so.

You cannot convince me to take Cousins at $40 million over Darnold at $10 million. No matter how many times you post it. I will never accept contracts like Cousins' unless it is for Mahomes or another QB on that level. JMO

18 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. Cousins took us to the playoffs twice, not 3 times, in 6 years. (Only in 2019 and 2022) With all that he was paid, we should have gone to the playoffs more times, especially because we went 13-3 with Case Keenum at QB in 2017, the year before Kirk started in MN. (Remember, Keenum beat the Saints too in the playoffs. So, beating the Saints was no great feat.) In 2018, Kirk's first year with the Vikes, we missed the playoffs (8-8), with almost the same team that Keenum took to the postseason.

I will take a pass every time a QB asks for top money unless it is Mahomes, Manning, Brady or someone of that caliber. Cousins got a $50 million signing bonus from Atlanta! The contract he signed is for $180 million. 🤦‍♀️ I will take Darnold at $10 million this year every time.

You and I will never agree on this even if Cousins wins a Super Bowl. I wrote it. Even if he wins a Super Bowl for Atlanta, I still believe we made the right decision. I wish he does win a SB for Atlanta because I am a huge fan of Arthur Blank. Great, great man! Cousins was not winning a SB for the Vikings. We gave him 6 years to do so.

You cannot convince me to take Cousins at $40 million over Darnold at $10 million. No matter how many times you post it. I will never accept contracts like Cousins' unless it is for Mahomes or another QB on that level. JMO

I thought it was 3, the year you guys went 8-7-1, I thought you got in, but I guessed you missed. Ok 2 Playoffs and 3 winning seasons, he was injured last season so throw that out. You are right we don't agree on this and that is fine. One thing that is a fact though, Kirk is better than Sam and Keenum. Keenum had 1 good season, and Sam is having 1 now. Kirk has had multiple good seasons. I also still don't like JJ pick at all but only time will tell on that one. You had Bo Nix sitting there and chose him instead. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought it was 3, the year you guys went 8-7-1, I thought you got in, but I guessed you missed. Ok 2 Playoffs and 3 winning seasons, he was injured last season so throw that out. You are right we don't agree on this and that is fine. One thing that is a fact though, Kirk is better than Sam and Keenum. Keenum had 1 good season, and Sam is having 1 now. Kirk has had multiple good seasons. I also still don't like JJ pick at all but only time will tell on that one. You had Bo Nix sitting there and chose him instead. 

I don't like Bo Nix at all. He has not shown me anything. And he is 2 or 3 years older than JJ. I'm happy with JJ.

The Vikes are so much better with Darnold than with Cousins. We never had easy wins with Cousins. Never.

Darnold's numbers are okay this year. He has nothing like 500 yards in any game, but it is not necessary. He is putting us in position to win. Vikes fans appreciate that we are scoring early and we don't have to play from behind every game as we did with Cousins. We have trailed for only a few minutes the whole season. Fourth quarter comebacks are not necessary because we play from up front -- in the lead. :) I will take that every time.