Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Laiatu Latu v. Bears.

Solid84

31 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Latu just had his best game of the season so far. 

35 total snaps

6 run snaps

29 pass rush snaps

5 total pressures generated including his strip-sack. Tied with Paye for most pressures this game, but Latu did it on 29 pass rush snaps v. 46 for Paye. 

Our highest graded defender this game per PFF at 85.1. 

Latu is finding his feet. He’s going to be special!

I think Paye has been fantastic as well and Im really hoping he isnt hurt too bad.

Latu was really good in the first game also. He has been close to quite a few sacks. I think if he got more snaps he would just get more sacks. Hopefully he can improve his edge setting enough he gets on the field more. I agree, he is a special pass rusher. 

The DL has been great at applying pressure so far this year, minus Green Bay of course. Its hard to rush the passer when its all run and quick passing. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

I think Paye has been fantastic as well and Im really hoping he isnt hurt too bad.

Latu was really good in the first game also. He has been close to quite a few sacks. I think if he got more snaps he would just get more sacks. Hopefully he can improve his edge setting enough he gets on the field more. I agree, he is a special pass rusher. 

The DL has been great at applying pressure so far this year, minus Green Bay of course. Its hard to rush the passer when its all run and quick passing. 

Agree.

Paye has been great as well and he is our best edgesetter right now. If we lose him AND Ebukam it could be really bad.

It's been difficult to really evaluate the pass rush because of how much teams have run against us. But from what we've seen they been good in my opinion. I hope the Colts clamping down on the run vs the Bears will discourage teams from only running so we can actually see the pass rush in action.

10 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Agree.

Paye has been great as well and he is our best edgesetter right now. If we lose him AND Ebukam it could be really bad.

It's been difficult to really evaluate the pass rush because of how much teams have run against us. But from what we've seen they been good in my opinion. I hope the Colts clamping down on the run vs the Bears will discourage teams from only running so we can actually see the pass rush in action.

Yeah the time the QB has to throw has been betternfor sure.

I feel like last year without Buckner and Ebukam, there is no way you would have seen our pass rush look as good as it did yesterday.

I think thats a credit to Charlie Partridge as much as anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

Latu just had his best game of the season so far. 

35 total snaps

6 run snaps

29 pass rush snaps

5 total pressures generated including his strip-sack. Tied with Paye for most pressures this game, but Latu did it on 29 pass rush snaps v. 46 for Paye. 

Our highest graded defender this game per PFF at 85.1. 

Latu is finding his feet. He’s going to be special!

That strip sack and the moves to get there…. Can’t believe I dare say this, reminded me of Freeney 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Yeah the time the QB has to throw has been betternfor sure.

I feel like last year without Buckner and Ebukam, there is no way you would have seen our pass rush look as good as it did yesterday.

I think thats a credit to Charlie Partridge as much as anything.

Ebukam and Buck were everything we had at pass rush last season.

Credit to Partridge. Paye also put in a lot of effort this offseason and it's shown.

• Like 2