Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do you see any progress with Richardson?

Smonroe

I thought Flacco did pretty dang good. It was nice seeing passes not go over our receivers heads. AR played pretty well in the short time he was in there but I still didn’t see anything that would tell us he’s fixed his accuracy on short/intermediate throws. That being said AR is the starter unless he plays his way out or gets injured again.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

I thought Flacco did pretty dang good. It was nice seeing passes not go over our receivers heads. AR played pretty well in the short time he was in there but I still didn’t see anything that would tell us he’s fixed his accuracy on short/intermediate throws. That being said AR is the starter unless he plays his way out or gets injured again.

Holder had a really good tweet and it showed AR footwork was much better then the bears game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Miller said:

Flacco was good.

I read his QBR was 20 points higher than ARs.

Flacco did his job. I'm not sure i understand why some are putting Flacco down

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ADnum1 said:

Flacco was good.

I read his QBR was 20 points higher than ARs.

Flacco did his job. I'm not sure i understand why some are putting Flacco down

no one is putting him down. He did his job. The offense is limited and we aren’t going to be an explosive offense with Flacco. It will be a boring offense.

On 9/22/2024 at 6:55 PM, Happy2BeHere said:

To early to determine “progress”…more time is needed. It’s highly unusual to see any meaningful progress in a handful of games.

Three weeks into the 2024 season, we are at Gartner Stage 3 with Anthony Richardson. I think this cycle holds for most sports performance vs. expectations (fans and players, both).

Gartner hype cycle 1.png

On 10/1/2024 at 8:05 AM, DougDew said:

Just curious, other than height, weight, speed, and ball velocity; do we know how AR measured in other athletic drills?  3 cone, shuttle, bench press, etc.  He moves like a guy who might not score very high on those others.  JMO.

Not that I would expect a QB to do those others drills.  Its just that this idea of his athleticism we have maybe comes from our imagination and hope rather than anything substantial.  Its like because he scores a 98th percentile on HWS, and throwing distance, we expect a 98th percentile for explosion and body control to come with it.

He's a straight line around the end runner

On 10/1/2024 at 7:54 AM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

BTW AR was good. So let’s stop acting like Flacco was that much better.

Of course both guys were good, but one guy slid a couple yards short of a first down when two defenders were waiting to blow him up. The other guy got his first down and then spent three quarters on the sideline. One guy understands availability is truly the most important ability.

You don’t have to be Andrew Luck-smart to play quarterback, but I wonder if AR is so short of intelligence that he never will figure out why he is once again sitting and watching.

I think AR will get better with time (he’s so young and new ) but his short yardage accuracy is atrocious.  It’s so bad that during the last two games AR threw the ball over the receivers head out of bounds and my gf said “ good Job at least he threw it out of bounds to not get intercepted” and I said , “ babe that wasn’t on purpose he literally is that inaccurate” lol.  When you throw it so far over your receivers head that it looks like you threw it out of bounds on purpose, you know there is some stuff for your qb to work on.