Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All-22 on AR

CR91

29 minutes ago, Superman said:

There are several plays in that game that were obviously Richardson's fault. The INT is the one that has been talked about the most, and it seems plain that it wasn't his fault. Saying that is not an evidence of bias.

We just disagree that AR was entirely faultless. No need for me to restate why. I just hope they fix it.

But in a preseason game against 2nd and 3rd stringers, AR was 8/14 for 84 yards with a TD, an INT and a fumble. And the closest this AR breakdown video comes to really criticizing him is for some minor footwork issues on an incomplete EZ pass.

MPJ, a proven NFL WR who has been in the league for 4 years, seems to catch more strays in this video than AR.

Daniels gives him praise for all the good plays and raves about his tools, but then the bad plays (the handful that he broke down) are largely blamed on other factors...and not just the INT. And when that happens, the speculation starts to feel like bias when it's one-sided.

I don't meant to say that Daniels is biased. But he's also now an NFL content creator. It's beneficial to confirm the bias of your crowd. It gets you followers and your content shared. Telling them that their QB isn't good does nothing for you.

20 minutes ago, stitches said:

Not sure if this is the place to post this but... 

I think once he reaches his ceiling then the fear will really settle in for others. You could see his confidence evolving quickly the last time he played which was against the Titans…before he went out for the season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

As I said, it's hard to say.  Bowen said that AR was laser focused on Granson and the DB was reading his eyes, ready to jump the route.  That's the teaching moment.  Use your eyes to move or stick the DB.

Of course that's easy for me to say, a pro QB has milliseconds to make those kinds of decisions.  That's why they're paid multi-millions each year (except for Brock Purdy, lol!).

Right. DB is clocking AR the whole way. It’s just a teaching moment. He’ll get better at using his eyes and not locking onto the first read. 

The other issue is Granson being the first read. Need to get Downs back. That will help tremendously.

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

We just disagree that AR was entirely faultless. No need for me to restate why. I just hope they fix it.

But in a preseason game against 2nd and 3rd stringers, AR was 8/14 for 84 yards with a TD, an INT and a fumble. And the closest this AR breakdown video comes to really criticizing him is for some minor footwork issues on an incomplete EZ pass.

MPJ, a proven NFL WR who has been in the league for 4 years, seems to catch more strays in this video than AR.

Daniels gives him praise for all the good plays and raves about his tools, but then the bad plays (the handful that he broke down) are largely blamed on other factors...and not just the INT. And when that happens, the speculation starts to feel like bias when it's one-sided.

I don't meant to say that Daniels is biased. But he's also now an NFL content creator. It's beneficial to confirm the bias of your crowd. It gets you followers and your content shared. Telling them that their QB isn't good does nothing for you.

I have no problem with two people seeing this play differently. I don't think it's right to attribute differing opinions to bias. You've basically concluded that the main reason for saying the INT isn't Richardson's fault is bias, and I think that's unfair.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2024 at 3:12 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

IMO, Granson ran the wrong route because AR threw the ball right to the defender, thinking Granson would be there. Just like I still think today, Reggie ran a poor lazy route in SB 44 when Peyton got Picked 6. Had Reggie cut in a second earlier like he should have, he would have been in front of Porter and caught the ball like Peyton was thinking. He ran a foot too long which was strange because they ran that play all year and it rarely failed. 

I am certain that Reggie was dead tired. I think he played most every snap and with a numbers of long routes near the end.

• Like 1

I agree Granson ran the wrong route on the pick six I also think AR shouldn’t have thrown it in the first place.  Even if Granson runs the right route he gets his head taken off by the defender flying in.  

Both players probably learned something from the film study of that play.  It happens.