Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Early 53 man roster guess (merge)

On 8/21/2024 at 1:41 PM, colts52761 said:

Please Cut Ehlinger!

I am not really concerned about what they do with the third QB spot because if they ever see the field it’s either in meaningless mop up time or the Colts have much bigger problems.

47 minutes ago, craigerb said:

Why do you think they will be so easy to find?

Oh.   Sorry Craig.  I phrased poorly.

I was being sarcastic and trying to imply the poster would quickly realize just how few there have been.   Turns out I was being too smart for my own good.  :peek:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, krunk said:

Dulin hasn't been injured at any point this camp. What I have found strange is to my recollection I have not seen him catch or be thrown a single pass the entire preseason. Nor have I seen him on any special teams activity. I have seen Anthony Gould though.

Dulin has been injured with hamstring issues and sat out 2 weeks, just came back and had 1 catch on 4 targets for 11 yards vs Bengals.

On 8/19/2024 at 7:55 PM, CR91 said:

QB - Richardson, Flacco (2)

RB - Taylor, Sermon, Hull (3)

WR - Pittman Jr, Pierce, Downs, Mitchell, Gould (5)

TE - Granson, MAC, Olgetree, Woods, Mallory (5)

LT -  Raimann, Freeland (2)

LG - Nelson, Tucker (2)

C - Kelly, Pinter (2)

RG - Fries, Bortolini (2)

RT - Smith, Goncalves (2)

Offense - 25

DE - Paye, Dayo (2)

3T - Buckner, Tomi (2)

NT - Stewart, Davis, Johnson (3)

Leo - Latu, Lewis, Land (3)

Will - Speed (1)

Mike - Franklin, Stayed (2)

Sam - Carlies, Olubi (2)

CB - Moore, Brents, Jones, Flowers, Simpson, Abraham (6)

FS - Blackmon, Thomas (2)

SS - Cross, Harrison (2)

Defense - 25

K- Gay

P - Sanchez

H - Rhodes

ST - (3)

PS - Ehlinger, Bean, Treadwell, Montgomery, Dulin, Fields, Goodson, Avery, Leo, Laulu, Bryan, Young, Anderson, Scott, Witt

You don't think Treadwell will make the team?

Just now, NFLfan said:

I put him on the PS. I just don't put much value in a 6th WR who mostly won't be part of the 46 game day roster. PS makes more sense

• Like 1

On 8/24/2024 at 10:01 AM, NFLfan said:

I think he should, but realistically, he probably won't. I haven't paid any attention to his work on special teams, though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Old Man and the COLTS said:

I wonder what the value of the Gunner position is today with the new kickoff rule? Will those players have less value to the team and if not good enough to be backend depth  they get cut?

Gunners always made their biggest impacts on punts and those rules haven’t changed.

2 minutes ago, Old Man and the COLTS said:

I wonder what the value of the Gunner position is today with the new kickoff rule? Will those players have less value to the team and if not good enough to be backend depth  they get cut?

You still have punt returns but it’s a fair question.

5 minutes ago, Old Man and the COLTS said:

Thanks would you know if the same players are gunners on both special teams units

Can be depends on the player so I think there would be an impact but you still need gunners to cover punts so I don’t think teams are just going to dump gunners.

2 hours ago, craigerb said:

Tomi is Adetomiwa and Stayed is Stuard, right? Are you making up your own nicknames?

Tomi is the easy way to say his name. Stayed was a autocorrection

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• That's how I felt in early 2022. Most of that went away last season, but that feeling is coming back. 
    • Jordan Love is a test case that gives me hope. (I do not mean to compare Love to Richardson, so I hope everyone understands that it's unnecessary to explain all the ways in which Love and Richardson are different...)   Love was a raw prospect, he sat behind Rodgers for three years, and in the rare situations when he played, he looked like a raw prospect who needed a lot of development. When he was finally the starter, he still struggled in a lot of ways, including with consistency from play to play, not to mention week to week. It wasn't until the second half of the season that it looked like the light really came on for him. No doubt Love benefited in probably unmeasurable ways from sitting behind Rodgers, but my main takeaway is that young QBs have to play and work through the mistakes to really get better. This is not a new idea or a brilliant discovery, it's just reinforcing what we already know.    Richardson has started six games. In between, he suffered a pretty serious injury. He's young, and didn't have a lot of experience in college. He has a lot of things to work through. I don't know for sure what's a realistic time frame for his development, but it's much longer than six games. 
    • The head coach said on Sunday that Bryce remains the starting QB. All of a sudden that changed the day after. I believe the owner is responsible for that. I would hate being the head coach there.   Vikes fans feel bad for Adam Thielen.
    • Yes, but lets get some generalizations out of the way.  Somewhere on this board, I laid out the 4Q play calls.    JT was on the first drive of the 4Q, and contributed a lot.  This was the drive that ended with that stupid option play to Sermon   If you want to ask why was Sermon in there and not JT....maybe rotation?  Maybe JT was winded after the 29 yard run and the ensuing 1 yard stuff?  IDK, but we can all agree that the play call there was dumb and the fact that it went to Sermon and not JT...on an outside run.... is really not the issue.  Then Gay missed a makeable 50 yard FG.   GB drained 3.5 minutes of clock and scored a FG   AR throws a first down 30 yard pass, then another pass on first down, incomplete, then the pick across the middle on 2nd and 10.  3 passes.  1 great, one pick.  Are we going to be concerned where JT is on this series?   GB drains 6 minutes off the 4Q clock and scores a FG.   So the generalizations of "JT not being on the field in the 4Q" is really about him not being on the field with about 4 minutes left down by 13 points, or 2 TDs.  So if we are going to criticize Shane, lets at least understand the game situation first.   So why do Colts coaches take JT off of the field in obvious passing situations (last regime kinda did the same thing)?  IDK.  I don't think its because they want to give the backup some PT rotation, despite what he said.  It seems more like there is something they don't like about JT in those situations, but don't really want to say it publicly.   I'm with you, and everybody.  I'd just as soon have JT on the field than our bad backups, but I'm not going to pretend that that  coaching decision cost us a significant chance at winning the game.
    • That was good. Sam did it too to give us a 9 point lead with 3 minutes left. It was a thing of beauty.
  • Members

• NJFanatic

NJFanatic 45

• NFLfan

NFLfan 17,891

Moderators
    • John Waylon

John Waylon 5,463

• DynaMike

DynaMike 171

• Superman

Superman 21,969