Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Kelly interview about his family

CR91

Honestly you forget sometimes that when the helmet and pads come off, their just regular people. My wife had two miscarriages before finally having our daughter. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

So many think women getting pregnant is easy and obvious.   But their bodies are complicated and often work in mysterious ways.  The longer you live the more sad stories you hear about the struggles to have children. 

So glad it eventually worked out for you and your wife. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

So many think women getting pregnant is easy and obvious.   But their bodies are complicated and often work in mysterious ways.  The longer you live the more sad stories you hear about the struggles to have children. 

So glad it eventually worked out for you and your wife. 

Childbirth is also incredibly dangerous. I almost lost my wife due to blood loss with our first born. Longest hours of my life. 

So happy to see Ryan and his family living their life to the fullest. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Childbirth is also incredibly dangerous. I almost lost my wife due to blood loss with our first born. Longest hours of my life. 

I'm glad your wife is ok 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

With modern science most people don’t think of childbirth as dangerous.  Thanks for sharing such a harrowing story.  So glad it eventually worked out for you and yours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

I'm glad your wife is ok 🙂

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

With modern science most people don’t think of childbirth as dangerous.  Thanks for sharing such a harrowing story.  So glad it eventually worked out for you and yours. 

Thanks guys!

Yes, I agree that we often take for granted modern science and medicine. Childbirth seems routine with how far we've come to help moms deliver safely. But witnessing it myself, my goodness is it a traumatic experience to a woman's body. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

It is. One of my closest friends thought he was leaving empty handed with really bad complications for both wife and son. They endured a very traumatic experience that has taken years to recover from. Not everyone is fortunate to make it out of that scenario, and certainly not fortunate enough to have a smooth child-birthing experience. Most people dont recognize that of all the people that have ever lived, we live like kings with modern medicine and basic luxuries, and birthing children is one aspect that is light years ahead of where it’s been in the past. Not too distant past. 

Sorry to hear of your situation- glad you came out of it the way you did. I wish everyone could have a great experience, it’s just not reality unfortunately. Kids make it worth the trouble. 

• Like 1