Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 Paris Summer Olympics

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

@2006Coltsbestever @holeymoley99 @ColtStrong2013 who do you think leads the way in 2028 if Lebron, KD and Curry hang it up?

I am thinking Damian Lillard and Trae Young should get their moments in the sun in LA. What do you think?

I would add Jaylen Brown of Celtics to play with his teammate Jayson Tatum too.

Anthony Edwards will be the main focal point. Also- you may not know him yet, but you will… Cooper Flagg will play for Duke this year, only because he has to. He was invited as an 18 year old to prep this U.S. squad and performed unbelievable, nearly beat them in a scrimmage. Received big raves from LeBron and company. He will be a legit ROY/all star prospect in 2026-2027, and will be have finished his 3rd year when next Olympics roll around. So those are my two picks for who they’ll build around. Tatum/Brown are obviously going to be key components. I think they’ll look to build around the young talent for the long haul though. I don’t see the next couple Olympics having the KD, Bron, Curry type old vets leading the way. That was a rarity and special thing. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

@2006Coltsbestever @holeymoley99 @ColtStrong2013 who do you think leads the way in 2028 if Lebron, KD and Curry hang it up?

I am thinking Damian Lillard and Trae Young should get their moments in the sun in LA. What do you think?

Donovan Clingan could be a good big man by that time imo.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chad72 said:

Anthony Edwards, Jaylen Brown, Jason Tatum, Jalen Brunson, and I think Haliburton makes it again. All of these guys are young enough.The Big's will be the old Vets, Embiid and Davis make it 1 last time, they are young enough.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Anthony Edwards, Jaylen Brown, Jason Tatum, Jalen Brunson, and I think Haliburton makes it again. All of these guys are young enough.The Big's will be the old Vets, Embiid and Davis make it 1 last time, they are young enough.

And in 4 years we could have some star rookies emerge. Never know who will be the next big name in the sport!