Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts five primetime training camp practices will be $5 for admission (updated)

csmopar

It’s stupid but I do get it. People were claiming tickets and not going, taking away from fans that wanted to go. Or you’d have people trying to make money off of free tickets. If you pay a little you’re a lot more likely to actually attend and not hoard tickets.

TLDR; pigs get fed and hogs get slaughtered, and there were a lot of hogs.

https://www.colts.com/news/2024-training-camp-schedule-grand-park-westfield-arizona-cardinals

There will be 12 practices in total open to the public. 5 are designated as primetime practices and cost $5. The rest are free. 

“The team is scheduled to host 12 practices, all open to the public. A ticket is required to enter each day and may be downloaded at Colts.com/Camp.

The first practice will be Thurs., July 25 from 10-11 a.m.

For seven of the 12 practices, tickets for all attendees are free.

On Primetime Practice days – July 27 & 28; Aug. 4, 14 & 15 – tickets are $5 for fans 18 or older.

Because of high ticket demand for primetime practices, a nominal $5 charge was added to allow event organizers to better plan for the number of attendees and give fans a better overall experience with respect to activities, seating, concessions, safety and security.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

And limited to 5 practices instead of all of them. Granted the cost is 5 bucks and supposedly all going to charity, it still sucks. I went to all but two days last year, was planning on attending just a few anyway this year due to lack of available vacation days. 

I don’t think this is completely true , if I read it correctly; they are only charging for 5 out of the 12 practices. So 7 of them will still be free.

10 hours ago, twfish said:

It’s stupid but I do get it. People were claiming tickets and not going, taking away from fans that wanted to go. Or you’d have people trying to make money off of free tickets. If you pay a little you’re a lot more likely to actually attend and not hoard tickets.

TLDR; pigs get fed and hogs get slaughtered, and there were a lot of hogs.

Too long; didn't read. Actually this is the opposite of stupid. Wise!

11 hours ago, csmopar said:

And limited to 5 practices instead of all of them. Granted the cost is 5 bucks and supposedly all going to charity, it still sucks. I went to all but two days last year, was planning on attending just a few anyway this year due to lack of available vacation days. 

I think it's just 5 primetime practices that cost $5 for adults, but you can still go to the other 7 for free. There's parking of course ($5 in advance or $10 on site).

The NFL is not going to pass up a chance to make some money, even if they are giving the proceeds to the YMCA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Superman changed the title to Colts five primetime training camp practices will be $5 for admission (updated)
On 7/2/2024 at 9:58 PM, csmopar said:

It's just for parking it's always been this way nothing new. 

On 7/3/2024 at 4:20 PM, John Hammonds said:

Oh noes!  Five whole dollars!  That's almost *adds on fingers* almost half as much as the vendors will charge for a beer at the site!  What is this world coming to!

(If it doesn't show, I don't mind shelling out the cost of a burrito supreme to go to colts camp.)

It’s never enough money for entertainment. They bleed the public to go to games, watch them on TV or other means, raise parking, and hammer them for concessions. Any way possible to extract a few more bucks. Their greed is getting beyond ridiculous.