Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Harrison Butker's shocking speech, Chiefs probably not going to 3 peat

chad72

On 5/23/2024 at 10:03 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I’m glad the Butker controversy is blowing over.   I don’t want anything bad to happen to him.  And since both the KC owners and the NFL have said he’s safe then that ends that.   Good.  

But let’s not kid ourselves…. While everyone including the KC players and coaches are saying the right things NOW that wasn’t the initial reaction when this first happened.   

In his first public reaction to the controversy this is what Mahomes said….  Paraphrasing pretty closely…. “I say hello to Harrison on the first day of the new season, and I say goodbye on the last day.  And I don’t say another word during the entire season.”

That’s not normal.   It’s not normal to happen and it’s not normal to reveal that to the public.   

Now everyone is singing a new tune now.  That’s clearly coming from ownership, which is fine.  I’m just saying let’s not pretend what became public at the start didn’t happen.  Because it did, and it was on the record.  

Go ahead and admit this is wrong. 

• Like 1

And with that, I think this topic has run its course. When people start talking about feminists, it is injecting politics and heading towards a thread derail. We don't need this here.

Thank you to those who made a concerted effort to avoid using political terms and helped maintain civility.

• Like 1

• NFLfan locked this topic