Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts extend Zaire Franklin

8 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

I feel it needs to be said:

Zaire Franklin may have been 2nd in tackles last year, but he also had only a 60.9 PFF score (60 out of 82 qualifying LB's)

Is he a team captain?  Yes.  Has he been valuable to our team?  You bet.

But it can also be argued that we could improve on the position as well.

franklin is too import to not keep but yes yu can always improve but yu can’t sacrifice what zaire brings to this team n coach staff. 

zaire is accountability he is the culture. 

8 hours ago, w87r said:

I think he is graded fine by PFF.

I think some often overrate his tackles for yards.

It's a fine deal though

Keep the locker room happy by continuing to reward your own 

yea he’s not pat angerer … he gets real tackles 😂

On 3/11/2024 at 6:03 PM, MFT5 said:

yea he’s not pat angerer … he gets real tackles 😂

he is pat angerer. I said it about pat years ago when everyone else here was on that bandwagon and have been saying the same thing about Zaire. They both get tackles 5 yards down field, and Zaire has a good line in front of him! I want better, I don’t have a problem having him as a backup, so I wouldn’t have given him the extension. Time will tell.

8 hours ago, husker61 said:

he is pat angerer. I said it about pat years ago when everyone else here was on that bandwagon and have been saying the same thing about Zaire. They both get tackles 5 yards down field, and Zaire has a good line in front of him! I want better, I don’t have a problem having him as a backup, so I wouldn’t have given him the extension. Time will tell.

derrick henry thinks otherwise … zaire is a real player

If I remember correctly, wasn't Franklin the one who stopped the train in Derrick Henry on 4th and inches to preserve the win? I really don't care what PFF says about him, he is a good player. When Grover was out, our run defense suffered, we were lucky to have Franklin making tackles 3 or 4 yards downfield because our D.Line struggled against the run. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I remember correctly, wasn't Franklin the one who stopped the train in Derrick Henry on 4th and inches to preserve the win? I really don't care what PFF says about him, he is a good player. When Grover was out, our run defense suffered, we were lucky to have Franklin making tackles 3 or 4 yards downfield because our D.Line struggled against the run. 

Buckner had Henry by the leg behind the line of scrimmage and then Franklin pushed him backwards. That was Buckner’s great play!

• Like 1