Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CR91 Mock Off-season 1.0

Congrats on becoming a dad, that's awesome man! 

I think the salary projections are pretty fair. Pittman is going to get somewhere between $21M-$25M in my opinion. PFF said like $6.5M for Kenny but I think it will be closer to $10M. Grover is probably getting between $11M-$14M so I think that's a fair number as well. 

I'd probably bring Blackmon back on a 1 year deal at least. I thought he had a pretty solid year, but I understand the injury concerns. 

I feel like the D-Line needs to be addressed in FA or early in the draft. They could use another pass rusher and their depth behind Buckner and Grover is pretty much nonexistent. It's hard to cover every single need but I do think they need more help there. 

Would love Bowers and I like the Pearsall pick. I believe Pearsall had a 9.78 RAS, so he's definitely on Ballard's radar. If Bowers is gone by #15, I think Brian Thomas Jr might be the move, though he might be gone as well. For me, I'm looking at Thomas Jr, Bowers, Arnold, Mitchell, and Murphy II for the 15th pick. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CR91 said:

Sorry guys for the long haitius. Just became a dad a few months ago and time is limited haha.

So here the positions I feel the colts need to address.

1. TE/Playmaker

2. S

3. Vet CB

4. Vet T

5. LB

Colts Cap Space - 73 mil

Cuts

Mo-Allie Cox -  saves 6 mil

I feel like this is a no brainer. Colts lose nothing releasing MAC and I feel like getting a TE is a high priority this off-season.

Colts Cap Space - 79 mil

Re-sign

Michael Pittman - 4 year 100 mil 60 G

I know a lot of people question rather Pittman is worth this kind of money as you still have posters that question if hes a WR1. Heres why I think hes worth it. Pittman does the things that impact the game that you don't see on the stat sheet. His blocking, his tough catches on third down, his ability to make plays after the catch. Touchdowns aside, you can't deny Pittman's impact in this offense and hes only going to get better once AR and him grow together. 

Grover Stewart -  3 year 40 mil 25 G

I get Grove is on the wrong side of 30, but he was missed when he was suspended last year. His impact in the run game and improved pass rush makes him a must re-sign.

Kenny Moore - 3 year 30 mil fully G

This may seem like a low-ball offer, but Id like to think the contract being fully guaranteed will get it done. Kenny had a very good year last year, but he is gonna be 29 to start the season and corners who play mostly in the slot don't last very long after 30 so I don't want to make that big of an investment.

Rigoberto Sanchez - 3 year 10 mil 7 G

Sanchez seemed fine coming back from his achilles injury and has shown he can be one of the top punters in the league.

Blackmon - I'm having a hard time investing in Blackmon. Imo, I just don't feel like hes impacted our defense since his rookie year and three out of his four years in the league have ended on IR. I get he would have came back if we made the playoffs, but im counting it. Not saying Cross and Thomas make me excited about our S position, but I also don't think re-signing Blackmon is the solution. We need better play from our Safeties and I think its one of the top positions that needs to be addressed this off-season.

Moss - As much as I would like to bring Moss back, I feel like hes gonna have multiple teams to choose from and they would be able to give him the opportunity to start. Thats just not happening here. Taylor is gonna touch the ball 20+ times a game. I just don't think Moss playing second fiddle to Taylor will interest him and I also don't want to give 5-7 mil to a backup RB. I rather just draft a RB on day three.

Colts Cap Space - 27.7 mil

Free Agency

Darnell Savage S 2 year 10 mil 5 G

I loved Savage coming out of Maryland. I thought he was gonna be special. Hes had some good seasons, but not the first round pick he was billed to be. I still think he can bring a lot to our young secondary at a reasonable price.

J.C Jackson CB 1 year 6 mil

Its hard to believe how hard Jackson has fallen especially after cashing in with the chargers. I still think hes a talented player thats worth taking a chance on and hes still young at 28. Can give our secondary the experience we need.

C.J Henderson CB 1 Year 3 mil

Another low risk move which is Ballard's tendency. I get it im taking a lot of chances on sub-par players, however this just seems like what Ballard does as he makes more moves that seem small, but can have impact. Henderson hasn't had the greatest start to his career, but he has the measurables and length and we all know Ballard and Bradley love length in their corners.

Charles Leno T 1 year 4 mil

Leno was released by the commanders. Colts did seem to have interest in him and would fill the Vet swing T and experience that was missing last year.

Tyler Huntley QB 1 year 3 mil

A lot of similar traits to Richardson so the offense does not need to change in terms of skillset.

Nothing sexy about this free agency class, but I feel like it addresses the needs the colts have in terms of vets they need in important positions.

Colts Cap Space - 8.7 mil

Draft

1. Brock Bowers TE Georgia

Very unlikely I get it, but Bowers is the perfect TE in steichen's offense. Just does everything. Can move, great in space, can play him anywhere on the field. Steichen would have a field day using Bowers in this offense.

TRADE!

Colts move down from 46 to 57 with the Bucs. Colts get Bucs pick in the third round. Bucs get the colts 4th round pick

Colts moving down in the second round just seems like a tradition for Ballard so why fight it. Someone is gonna want to move up to select Nix, Penix, or Worthy.

2. Payton Wilson LB N.C State

Huge LB at 6 4 230 running a 4.4. with 138 tackles and 6 sacks in his final year. Love Franklin and Speed, but we need more impact from our LBers and more depth.

3. Ricky Pearsall WR Florida

Just seems like Ballard's type of WR. Smart, tough, has length, reliable hands, and you get AR a familiar target.

3. Cole Bishop S Utah

Smart, instinctive, and can flat out knock you out. Plays the ball well and can push our two young safeties and possibly start.

5. Frank Gore Jr. RB Southern Miss

Tough hard nose runner and like his dad just knows how to get the hard yards.

6. Matt Lee G/C Miami

Solid pass and run blocker and gives us depth at two different positions.

7.Jontrey Hunter LB Georgia State

More LB depth.

Go ahead and rip it apart.

Congratulations on becoming a dad!

Also really can't complain with your Mock, while I would prefer to go CB or WR in the 1st if Bowers lasts to us it would be a good steal even though I'm not as high on him as others. Wilson in the 2nd, would be perfect and I like Pearsall in the third if he lasts. I like Bishop in the third as well because he has good instinct and Gore in the 5th is the type of flyer at back up RB that could pay off huge even though we need more of a passing down RB.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CR91 said:

Sorry guys for the long haitius. Just became a dad a few months ago and time is limited haha.

So here the positions I feel the colts need to address.

1. TE/Playmaker

2. S

3. Vet CB

4. Vet T

5. LB

Colts Cap Space - 73 mil

Cuts

Mo-Allie Cox -  saves 6 mil

I feel like this is a no brainer. Colts lose nothing releasing MAC and I feel like getting a TE is a high priority this off-season.

Colts Cap Space - 79 mil

Re-sign

Michael Pittman - 4 year 100 mil 60 G

I know a lot of people question rather Pittman is worth this kind of money as you still have posters that question if hes a WR1. Heres why I think hes worth it. Pittman does the things that impact the game that you don't see on the stat sheet. His blocking, his tough catches on third down, his ability to make plays after the catch. Touchdowns aside, you can't deny Pittman's impact in this offense and hes only going to get better once AR and him grow together. 

Grover Stewart -  3 year 40 mil 25 G

I get Grove is on the wrong side of 30, but he was missed when he was suspended last year. His impact in the run game and improved pass rush makes him a must re-sign.

Kenny Moore - 3 year 30 mil fully G

This may seem like a low-ball offer, but Id like to think the contract being fully guaranteed will get it done. Kenny had a very good year last year, but he is gonna be 29 to start the season and corners who play mostly in the slot don't last very long after 30 so I don't want to make that big of an investment.

Rigoberto Sanchez - 3 year 10 mil 7 G

Sanchez seemed fine coming back from his achilles injury and has shown he can be one of the top punters in the league.

Blackmon - I'm having a hard time investing in Blackmon. Imo, I just don't feel like hes impacted our defense since his rookie year and three out of his four years in the league have ended on IR. I get he would have came back if we made the playoffs, but im counting it. Not saying Cross and Thomas make me excited about our S position, but I also don't think re-signing Blackmon is the solution. We need better play from our Safeties and I think its one of the top positions that needs to be addressed this off-season.

Moss - As much as I would like to bring Moss back, I feel like hes gonna have multiple teams to choose from and they would be able to give him the opportunity to start. Thats just not happening here. Taylor is gonna touch the ball 20+ times a game. I just don't think Moss playing second fiddle to Taylor will interest him and I also don't want to give 5-7 mil to a backup RB. I rather just draft a RB on day three.

Colts Cap Space - 27.7 mil

Free Agency

Darnell Savage S 2 year 10 mil 5 G

I loved Savage coming out of Maryland. I thought he was gonna be special. Hes had some good seasons, but not the first round pick he was billed to be. I still think he can bring a lot to our young secondary at a reasonable price.

J.C Jackson CB 1 year 6 mil

Its hard to believe how hard Jackson has fallen especially after cashing in with the chargers. I still think hes a talented player thats worth taking a chance on and hes still young at 28. Can give our secondary the experience we need.

C.J Henderson CB 1 Year 3 mil

Another low risk move which is Ballard's tendency. I get it im taking a lot of chances on sub-par players, however this just seems like what Ballard does as he makes more moves that seem small, but can have impact. Henderson hasn't had the greatest start to his career, but he has the measurables and length and we all know Ballard and Bradley love length in their corners.

Charles Leno T 1 year 4 mil

Leno was released by the commanders. Colts did seem to have interest in him and would fill the Vet swing T and experience that was missing last year.

Tyler Huntley QB 1 year 3 mil

A lot of similar traits to Richardson so the offense does not need to change in terms of skillset.

Nothing sexy about this free agency class, but I feel like it addresses the needs the colts have in terms of vets they need in important positions.

Colts Cap Space - 8.7 mil

Draft

1. Brock Bowers TE Georgia

Very unlikely I get it, but Bowers is the perfect TE in steichen's offense. Just does everything. Can move, great in space, can play him anywhere on the field. Steichen would have a field day using Bowers in this offense.

TRADE!

Colts move down from 46 to 57 with the Bucs. Colts get Bucs pick in the third round. Bucs get the colts 4th round pick

Colts moving down in the second round just seems like a tradition for Ballard so why fight it. Someone is gonna want to move up to select Nix, Penix, or Worthy.

2. Payton Wilson LB N.C State

Huge LB at 6 4 230 running a 4.4. with 138 tackles and 6 sacks in his final year. Love Franklin and Speed, but we need more impact from our LBers and more depth.

3. Ricky Pearsall WR Florida

Just seems like Ballard's type of WR. Smart, tough, has length, reliable hands, and you get AR a familiar target.

3. Cole Bishop S Utah

Smart, instinctive, and can flat out knock you out. Plays the ball well and can push our two young safeties and possibly start.

5. Frank Gore Jr. RB Southern Miss

Tough hard nose runner and like his dad just knows how to get the hard yards.

6. Matt Lee G/C Miami

Solid pass and run blocker and gives us depth at two different positions.

7.Jontrey Hunter LB Georgia State

More LB depth.

Go ahead and rip it apart.

Congratulations on becoming a dad.  Your life is going to change forever in the most wonderful ways.    Couldn’t be happier for you!     

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

One of the first mock drafts I’ve ever run. Somehow I ended up with Odunze and the titans 2025 1-3 rounds. lol. 

IMG_6889.png

Congrats!  That child will change your life a thousand ways, and all of them good!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Congratulations on becoming a dad.  Your life is going to change forever in the most wonderful ways.    Couldn’t be happier for you!     

Thank you. My wife and I tried for a long time. It's a blessing.

• Like 6

Congrats man! One of the best things to limit your free time :) 

On the mock, love your signings in FA... wondering if some of them wouldn't be a bit more expensive(Savage for example), but they are probably not a ton off... I like the Huntley signing as backup to AR. 

On the draft... Brock Bowers seems like a no brainer if he's there... trade down seems like a no brainer having in mind Ballard is our GM... Payton Wilson is an interesting pick, I'm not sure Ballard would go with him since he's not especially long. But he did test really well at the combine. I think I heard somewhere he's had 2 torn ACLs on the same knee and two dislocated shoulders(in the same game), one of which later needed a surgery after re-injury. This feels like it will probably will drop him in the draft. I like Ricky Pearsall. AR-Pearsall reunion seems like an interesting proposition. 

Overall good job. :thmup:

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

Thank you. My wife and I tried for a long time. It's a blessing.

Success after trying a long time?!?   Your already great story got 1000 times BETTER!    How wonderful!   

You probably already know this, but your story of trying for a long time is actually pretty common.   My wife and I too, though we didn’t get the result you did.   You’ll have great stories to tell your daughter as she grows up and becomes old enough to understand them.   

Congrats again.   Couldn’t be happier for you!   

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Success after trying a long time?!?   Your already great story got 1000 times BETTER!    How wonderful!   

You probably already know this, but your story of trying for a long time is actually pretty common.   My wife and I too, though we didn’t get the result you did.   You’ll have great stories to tell your daughter as she grows up and becomes old enough to understand them.   

Congrats again.   Couldn’t be happier for you!   

I'm so sorry for you and your wife. It's something we struggled with for 5 years. 

17 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Congrats on the newborn!

Thank you!

32 minutes ago, Hark said:

Awesome news! Congratulations!

Thank you!

Congrats on fatherhood

took us 12 years son born May of Manning draft year  (which I attended leaving wife of way too many months alone) lol

so two things

son was followed by daughter just 14 months later

1  child is playing house 2 is being a parent 

enjoy and yes the time goes very fast

• Like 1

A belated congrats on your new baby! 
Having a family is what life’s all about. Nothing compares to it. Enjoy the wonderful ride. 
 Hoping for a pass rusher and FS in free agency along with resigning Pitt, Grove, Kenny, and Blackmon. 
I’m a Brian Thomas Jr fan for pick 15, and agree with those who suggest a DT will be picked early in the draft as well. LB picked as well but on Day 3. 
Thanks for doing this. It took a lot of work and was fun to dissect!

On 3/4/2024 at 6:33 PM, ChuggaBeer said:

Congrats on the new Baby.    Cheers 

On 3/8/2024 at 3:18 PM, Old Man and the COLTS said:

Congrats on fatherhood

took us 12 years son born May of Manning draft year  (which I attended leaving wife of way too many months alone) lol

so two things

son was followed by daughter just 14 months later

1  child is playing house 2 is being a parent 

enjoy and yes the time goes very fast

Thank you!

On 3/9/2024 at 4:05 AM, Matabix said:

Love your off-season mock. Only 1 thing we differ from. I think OG/C should be higher priority. Not depth but starter. Through FA or draft, but love your 2nd round pick.

I think Fries had a very good season thats why I prioritized depth more then a starter.

On 3/9/2024 at 5:41 AM, Hoose said:

A belated congrats on your new baby! 
Having a family is what life’s all about. Nothing compares to it. Enjoy the wonderful ride. 
 Hoping for a pass rusher and FS in free agency along with resigning Pitt, Grove, Kenny, and Blackmon. 
I’m a Brian Thomas Jr fan for pick 15, and agree with those who suggest a DT will be picked early in the draft as well. LB picked as well but on Day 3. 
Thanks for doing this. It took a lot of work and was fun to dissect!

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I think Fries had a very good season thats why I prioritized depth more then a starter.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it!

I’m with you in that I don’t see Ballard spending resources trying to upgrade from Fries. If anything he is going to be “encouraged” that Fries will take another step in becoming a legit right guard. I think he’s very close, which is good news on the o-line, because we are solid everywhere else. I think guard depth and versatility to play center is a need. I would argue that upgrading our swing tackle is much more important. But upgrading starters on the defensive side of the ball and at receiver is far more pressing.