Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grover Stewart might have a good market

After MPJ, Grover Stewart should be our priority, not Blackmon or anyone else, IMO. Our DT depth is thin and teams like Bengals whose D J Reader is a FA, will be looking around for good NT options. Stewart has performed remarkably well and a team not wanting to pay as much for Reader of Bengals or for Justin Madubuike of Ravens, might pursue him for the NT spot.

WR and DT depth, very thin for us that along with MPJ, Stewart has to be the next priority. As much as I love Kenny Moore, I still think Stewart has to be a higher priority.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, chad72 said:

After MPJ, Grover Stewart should be our priority, not Blackmon or anyone else, IMO. Our DT depth is thin and teams like Bengals whose D J Reader is a FA, will be looking around for good NT options. Stewart has performed remarkably well and a team not wanting to pay as much for Reader of Bengals or for Justin Madubuike of Ravens, might pursue him for the NT spot.

WR and DT depth, very thin for us that along with MPJ, Stewart has to be the next priority. As much as I love Kenny Moore, I still think Stewart has to be a higher priority.

I agree. As we all know, when Grover was suspended for 6 games, the D line was much more vulnerable to the run. He and Buck are critical pieces to the Colts’ D. He is a must sign as long as it doesn’t get too crazy. 3 yrs, 39m feels like the sweet spot. 

• Like 1

Indianapolis ranked in the top half of the NFL in expected points allowed per rush with Stewart and dead last in the games without him in the lineup. Stewart's presence frees up rushers around him because he takes on double teams and clogs up the middle.

He makes a HUGE difference when he is in the line up on the early downs to force 3rd downs. Getting off the field on 3rd downs when he is subbed out is another storyline, something to improve on for Gus and crew. 

• Like 2