Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indeees take on M Pittman

22 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

I counter that with our run game and Jonathan Taylor finishing up the drive.

Touche!

A really good offense needs that go to guy that can keep the chains moving in critical situations.

Pittman raised his game to that next level this season as a complete player, a real warrior. I think he can be our Kelce.. ish warrior/leader/competitor. 

He will earn his paycheck.

I agree with you. Taylor’s prolific scoring off sets Pitt’s low TD numbers. That’s how this team rolls.  Pitt has a target on his back each and every game and still comes through like the clutch player he is. Get him another receiving talent to run with and he’ll show he’s worth every penny of a $22+ million dollar contract. Sign him. 

• Like 2

On 2/17/2024 at 11:58 AM, Zoltan said:

All i know is if Christian Kirk got an average of 18 million a year without every getting to 1000 yards receiving, Pittman who had two 1000 yard seasons and 100 more catches will probably get 20+ Million.

Where are you getting Pittman has 100 more catches? Over two seasons or total or? There's no single season has anywhere near that many more catches and Kirk has more total.

6 hours ago, Solid84 said:

Where are you getting Pittman has 100 more catches? Over two seasons or total or? There's no single season has anywhere near that many more catches and Kirk has more total.

First 4 seasons being compared, because thats when Kirk got his Jax (2nd) contract and that's where Pittman is currently. 

• Like 3

On 2/18/2024 at 11:14 PM, Mr. Too Proud said:

1st off I'm on the keep Pittman Jr side......

But do you think trading for Jerry Jeudy and a day 2 pass catchers would efficient?

No Jeudy isn’t good and has a big character red flag. Would not be an upgrade at all.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I agree.  I don't think they'll do it.  It leaves them greater options.  They can still sign him to an extension before the season is out.  They can let him test free agency.  Or they can walk away from him, depending on how things work with Latu.  Or keep him if Tyquan or Dayo get injured (again).  It's just more options.  I don't think they'll do it today.
    • The only problem with that approach is going into FA his price will be higher.   Extend him now for cheaper 
    • Im not certain if there will even be any room for Pierce bc the 4th and 5th receivers need to have special teams ability. I think AD will show enough to gain the Colts confidence. You know Dulin will be there. So from there you're competing with Gould and whoever else. You know Gould plays special teams.  Going to be interesting what they have in mind.
    • Latu's addition also tells me that Gus is not doggedly adhering to his historical "Cover-3 Leo" defense.  Latu is not a Leo.  He's not the undersized wide-9 OLB type playing in a 4-3.  He's a bona fide 4-3 DE.  I'm expecting Gus to even further move away from his historical base defense.  (I never believed that he was going to cling to it come h3ll or high water.  That his coverages last year were simplified perforce, due to the inexperience of the guys he had on the field.)  I'm excited to see what we look like defensively with the new guys inserted.
    • It's about who else is Free Agents vs cap space, propensity to pay our own, can we find better 2-way(run-pass) production for less, is it worth a gamble? Fact that we have the top defensive player on our board from the draft under cheap contract, makes it easier to offset funds. Like I said we can almost have 4 DEs with the funds paid to Bosa by himself. The fact that all I hear from the Colts is glowing reviews about him.   In my opinion the Colts brought Latu in to start opposite of Paye, in the long term. Ebukam will be 31 when he's due for a new contract in 2026.     Just because we exercise the option, doesn't mean we can't work on an extension if his trajectory shows continued growth.     Good thing is we will know in a few hours.
  • Members

• SVFD Colts Fan

SVFD Colts Fan 6

• jvan1973

jvan1973 10,882

• Demo627

Demo627 0

Rookie
    • PRnum1

PRnum1 3,123

• Nevbot

Nevbot 119