Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mets win and advance, the only home team to win in this Wild Card round was my Padres. 3 of the 4 series ended in 2 game sweeps, the same thing happened in 2022 when the 3 game Wild Card format first  began, and oddly enough, the Mets were also involved in a deciding Game 3 that year as well. Last season, all 4 of the Wild Card series were 2 game sweeps.

• Like 2

Howie Rose has some of the greatest calls. Years ago, the NY Rangers won a series and Rose had a memorable call of the winning shot. I don't follow hockey and I still remember it. It happened at least 25 years ago.

• Thanks 1

On 9/30/2024 at 9:55 PM, Lancer1 said:

He's got more hits, plate appearances and a few other stats than anyone who has ever played the game. He belongs in Cooperstown but they were never going to let him in to enjoy it while he was alive but now that he's not anymore, there is no real justification for continuing to keep him out.

He'll never sign a picture or memorabilia  with the initials "HOF" after his name like others do but we'll see if MLB does the right thing now, I think they'll announce it after the World Series is finished.

I think I heard that he said he doesn't want to be inducted after he dies. 

I personally don't think they should now for their own peace of mind yet denying him of the honor while living.

He did what was well known NOT ALLOWED by everyone and he paid the penalty for it. 

Its ironic AND Hypocritical now that MLB's beloved Face of the Sport is someone that lost millions of dollars gambling and swept it under the rug and had his interpreter and best friend take the fall. 

MLB is becoming more and more like the other sports..... But shouldn't be a surprise as they are in the same bed with networks/advertisers as the NBA & NFL. 

I hope Pete Roses wishes are honored and he is not inducted. 

With the Astro's & Orioles both being eliminated, the Yankees road to the World Series is paved in gold.

But they still need to play good baseball and have weaknesses that weren't sufficiently addressed at Trade Deadline. 

Defense already a question mark and if Rizzo can't play it definitely takes a hit. 

Then there's the Bullpen, especially without a shut down closer. 

And timely hitting which is even more vulnerable to LH pitching.

If they play at the level they can they should overcome the Royals and Cleveland/Detroit. 

In the NL its hard to go against the Dodgers, but their starting pitching is a weakness and I think the Padres are more complete of a team. And the Phillies were the best team much of the season. 

I'm thinking the NL overcomes the AL representative.....but hopefully not if its my Yankees..