Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Texans post game

15 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Holder had a good point on JMV. If they had kept Taylor in and used play action you have the defense running towards the line of scrimmage and probably could of done anything they wanted.

Makes you wonder why we weren't just doing that all game!

30 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

Makes you wonder why we weren't just doing that all game!

They tried, several times, Minshew couldnt execute and make them pay. He was either dumping it off to the first guy that popped open, leaving the pocket early, or throwing an errant pass. 

8 hours ago, Zoltan said:

just curious, how many of y'all also think Zaire Franklin is overrated as a LB?

I think part of it, is that the media loves talking to him because of the type of answers they get so they like to hype him up.

I have been saying this for a long time, and have said it years ago about past colts lb’s that piled up a lot of meaningless tackles. Every time I was blasted here by almost everyone. I was right about them, and I think I will be right about him.

12 hours ago, Solid84 said:

QBs don’t use shorter time to throw against the Colts than anyone else. 

Week 2 Stroud had a TTT of 2.69. We had 28 total pressures. 

Week 18 Stroud had a TTT of 2.85. We had 12 total pressures. 

I watched the first game on tv just before the game started and the the colts blitzed a lot more than they did the last game. Makes you wonder why the colts didn’t follow the same defensive game plan.

6 hours ago, Goatface Killah said:

They've been open all year.

Pierce gets behind the defense quite a bit. Gardner is basically a "check down Charlie" type of QB who is getting rid of the ball first chance he gets 90% of the time. Its hard for Alec to look good with a QB like that.

People dont like hearing it, but its true. This is why Ballard isnt gonna worry about the WR position that much this offseason, nor should he. He might add somebody to the mix but we have 3 good young talents at WR. Pierce just needs to develop  a little more and be more of a focus. I have zero doubt about Downs and Pittman. 

I think they focus on defense in the draft.

exactly what I have been saying most of the year! Lb is by far the weakest defensive position and hope the colts draft 2 in the upper rounds. I like speed and think Harrison can be that passing down lb. Harrison could cover the te and allow for more blitzes. 

30 minutes ago, husker61 said:

exactly what I have been saying most of the year! Lb is by far the weakest defensive position and hope the colts draft 2 in the upper rounds. I like speed and think Harrison can be that passing down lb. Harrison could cover the te and allow for more blitzes. 

Heres the thing, I think Josh Downs is a star in the making and might wind up being our best receiver. 

On defense, I dont disagree that LB is a weakness for us. But I also think safety is a major weak spot and might be a little more important in this defense. I wouldnt be surprised if they make free safety a top priority.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Goatface Killah said:

Thats pretty ridiculous.

How do you know when they "wanted" to stop him and when they wanted him to run for over 10 yards? Which he did a mind boggling 7 times in that game btw.

Oh I know......

They didnt stop him very often all game....... But those are the only times they actually "wanted" to stop them?

How convenient for your opinion.

Gardner Minshew absolutely did not make any "amazing" throws in that game. Cmon man. 

Based on defensive schemes. They were more spread during his bigger runs and playing closer to the line when they wanted to play the run. Teams do this all the time, it isn’t a new concept.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

This is funny

Lies….  Damn lies….  Statistics.   

In the same three year period Lawrence has literally thrown twice as many pass attempts as Minshew.   Roughly 1750 vs 860.    In one year, Minshew literally threw 60 passes.   

It’s a deliberate distortion….  

Sometimes in these graphic comparison’s, it’s not just what they show you, sometimes it’s also important what they DONT show you. 

3 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

Based on defensive schemes. They were more spread during his bigger runs and playing closer to the line when they wanted to play the run. Teams do this all the time, it isn’t a new concept.

You seriously have no clue what youre talking about.

If fans could read defenses that easily they would have jobs in the NFL. 

So on 3rd and 1 they are expecting run and play closer to the LOS.

On first and 10 they are not playing close to the LOS.

And youre take away from this is they only wanted to stop him on the plays when they crowded the line of scrimmage? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2024 at 11:59 AM, Gramz said:

It would have been good to be in playoffs, and we almost made it, but honestly don't think we'd have gone very far. 

Ravens look primed for SB this year.

Yep. Still looks like a Ravens SB to me.

• Like 1