Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Week 9 Around the NFL Game Thread

NFLfan

On 11/3/2023 at 8:49 AM, NFLfan said:

So many games in prime time seem to have moments like these -- a player appears to sustain a possible life altering injury. I forgot the Steelers player who appeared to get partially paralyzed as a result of a football play. I think that game was in prime time too.

Ryan Shazier, great young career cut short due to that injury. Thankfully, he's doing well, got married and has a son born after the recovery. 

Latest on him from Wiki

In January 2023, Shazier partnered with the cannabis company Organic Remedies to launch a line of cannabis products named Steel City Greats.[40][41] Shazier says that while recovering from his spinal injury, he was seeking a "safe, natural alternative to opioid pain medications" and that cannabis provided him with a "restorative healing that allowed [him] to manage the pain through a difficult time in [his] life".[42]

On 11/3/2023 at 8:10 AM, chad72 said:

Yeah, no attacking of different levels of the field with TEs either. Steichen is definitely a very good play caller.

Pickett used to target TE Friermuth a lot, but he's in IR. I wonder if rookie TE Darnell Washington that many scouts praised hasn't been ready to run routes instead?!

Steelers offense isn't good anyway, that's true but Pickett needs to do better, with more experience now 

Another thing, usually RBs look great with Steelers before going away fading in their career. If Najee Harris looks bad with Steelers, I wonder how the rest of his career is gonna pan out, especially in this current RB market  :funny:

11 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Ryan Shazier, great young career cut short due to that injury

Yes, Ryan Shazier. I was watching that game. I think it too was in prime time.

11 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Thankfully, he's doing well, got married and has a son born after the recovery. 

Fantastic. I'm glad to hear that. Is he walking? I hate hearing stories of paralysis.

I wonder if the grandson of that the player who was paralyze by a hit from Jack Tatum is still playing. Stingley is his name. The grandfather was given a job by the Patriots after he was paralyzed. There is a former Lions player who was paralyzed. For a while he was the face of those who were severely injured in football. I forgot his name. I think he is still alive. In NY, the Jets had a player who sustained an injury that paralyzed him but he was able to walk again with some difficulty. I forgot his name too -- he played defense. His name is at the top of my tongue. Lol. I will remember. He passed away a few years back.

There is a game this morning. Chiefs and Dolphins. Should be a fun game. Both teams are 6-2. Tyreek Hill is playing his old team.

The game is showing on NFL Network. For some reason or other, it is not showing on my cable carrier. :thmdown: Hopefully they fix the problem before the game starts in anout 20 min.

Who wins?

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@NFLfan, I thought you had the NFL Channel? I have Chiefs winning. 

I do have NFL Network but my cable carrier is saying they have a problem. It says, "NFL Network is unavailable." My brother lives in another state but has the same cable carrier. The game is on for him. I never have a problem with the cable; so this is new. I can call the cable company but I won't. 

I will watch it on NFL+.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I thought Miami would put up a fight. Is there anyone that can challenge KC and stop them from another championship?

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

21-0 Chiefs at Half, this game is over already.

I still can't get the game on my TV. I'm on hold with the cable company to see what is going on.

Miami is not doing much?

20 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I still can't get the game on my TV. I'm on hold with the cable company to see what is going on.

Miami is not doing much?

They haven’t done too much. As history shows, the highest scoring offense eventually gets toppled by a better defense. 

• Thanks 1

The last time that the Vikes played in Atlanta, I took a trip to Georgia to visit may sister and her husband went with me to the game.  The two teams play again today. I wish I could be there. My sister is with her husband at Hilton Head this weekend. I would have had to go alone. Oh well. Hope we win.

Skol!

Assassins Creed Thank You GIF by Ubisoft Nederland

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

That wasn’t so much their defense as it was Tua making bad throws and whatever that fumble on the snap was. What a way to lose. 

He definitely wasn't perfect, but the 1st down was a bad throw because he had pressure in his face. 2nd down Waddle fell. 3rd down was miscommunication between Tua and Hill I think. 4th down was a Tua bungle.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The last time that the Vikes played in Atlanta, I took a trip to Georgia to visit may sister and her husband went with me to the game.  The two teams play again today. I wish I could be there. My sister is with her husband at Hilton Head this weekend. I would have had to go alone. Oh well. Hope we win.

Skol!

Assassins Creed Thank You GIF by Ubisoft Nederland

Why isn't Dobbs starting? Hilton head is nice. I have been there once; it was a long time ago.