Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do we try to win in 2024?

RunTheBall

23 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

I wanted levis. Man he looked good today too.

I wanted Levis, but my excuse is I’m a Penn St Fan, and Will played there before transferring to Ky.

I believe we’d have been 5-2 before yesterday , with either Levis or a healthy AR.  But we have AR, and he has shown great Learning of the passing game in limited time.  Steichen can coach him like he did Hurts, and I believe we’ll be just fine with him.

Before these last 3 games I thought we’d be replacing Gardner next year- that he’d move somewhere to be a starter. After the last 3 games with all his turnovers, I have to believe GM will want to stay with Steichen, even tho it means being a career Backup. The Stache would make more mistakes away from his Mentor, and he knows it-  IMO…

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes….   The Colts try to win.   No tanking.   Not even what I called a semi-tank job this year.    The Colts try to win.   Period.  

Full stop. 

I’m almost 70. Been a Colts fan as long as I can remember.  I always want wins!  But before the season started I believed this year they’d be lucky to win ONE game. They’ve won three- have a decent chance to win another three. So I’m ecstatic.  Finish the year, hopefully get KJ Hamler healthy and playing- draft a fantastic WR and a few CBs, and let’s GO!!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Firing Ballard does nothing but set this team even further back and another evaluation year in 24. Not a smart move.

Further back from what? We’re 3-5 with a completely unproven QB and legit questions about his long term viability. We’re short on difference makers at key positions in today’s NFL. We’re nowhere near AFC championship quality. I guess a new GM could set us “further back” to … 2-5 or 1-5 but who cares? I’d put a positive slant on it and say we could let Ballard tread water at sub .500 for two more years or give a new GM two years to put us on the track to being a playoff team. Two years will be here in two years no matter what — I’d rather use those years building with a philosophy that might work not one that has seven years of evidence that it doesn’t. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimmy g said:

I’m almost 70. Been a Colts fan as long as I can remember.  I always want wins!  But before the season started I believed this year they’d be lucky to win ONE game. They’ve won three- have a decent chance to win another three. So I’m ecstatic.  Finish the year, hopefully get KJ Hamler healthy and playing- draft a fantastic WR and a few CBs, and let’s GO!!!!

I’m three years younger.   I’d like to think we both have at least 12-15 more years, perhaps more.   Maybe with a little luck 20 years more?    Let’s hope so!   As many have said, growing old is not for the faint of heart!      :giveup:

• Like 3

On 10/30/2023 at 12:04 PM, Solid84 said:

We’re not as bad as last season though. I’d rather the team played to win. That’s also the only way to evaluate the team. 

no team tanks on purpose we are trying our best but ballard just does have us enough above average talent after 7 years

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Although I agree that 2017's Quincy Wilson was a bust, and that 2019's Ben Banogu was Ballard's ultimate bust pick, 2016's TJ Wilson was picked by GM Ryan Grigson, not by Ballard.
    • If there are no more injuries then it's probably going to be Harrison, Cross, and Blackmon.
    • Hey Smonroe good to see you again,   Buckle up for the wildest ride of the Colts' training camp this year. So get this: Anthony Richardson, our once-heralded franchise quarterback hopeful, has taken a detour from throwing touchdowns to chasing them as a defensive end. Yeah, I'm serious. It's like watching a superhero trade in his cape for a pair of cleats.   Remember when Richardson was supposed to be the next Manning or Luck? Now he's out there, trading playbook pages for defensive schemes and praying his raw athleticism can translate to sacking quarterbacks instead of being one. Life comes at you fast, folks. I'm on the sidelines, and Richardson looks like he's still wondering if someone's pranking him. Meanwhile, Laitu Latu, the defensive behemoth, is showing him the ropes with all the subtlety of a bull in a china shop. "Come on, Richardson, channel that quarterback precision into tackling!" Latu bellows, as if Richardson's secretly been holding back.   After practice, I catch Richardson in the locker room, staring at his battered playbook like it's the Rosetta Stone. The guy looks lost, but you gotta give him credit – he's trying to morph into a defensive beast under Latu's tutelage. Who knows, maybe he'll discover his inner J.J. Watt next.   Fast forward to game day, and the announcer's like, "And now, the moment you've all been waiting for: Anthony 'The Quarterback Turned Defensive Dynamo' Richardson!" The crowd's buzzing with curiosity, half-expecting him to call an audible and throw the first-ever defensive Hail Mary.   Surprisingly, Richardson doesn't completely embarrass himself. Sure, he's stumbling through reads and tackles like he's reading a foreign language, but he manages to make a few plays that even Latu would nod approvingly at. It's like watching a midlife crisis turn into a midgame surprise.   So here's to Anthony Richardson, the quarterback who found himself on the other side of the line of scrimmage. Who knows, maybe this season will be the comeback story to end all comeback stories. Or maybe we'll just get more memes than tackles. Either way, it's gonna be one heck of a ride.   Keep grinding, AKB
    • I'm not certain if we are bringing in another safety. Do you understand now?????? The other guy thought we would. I said I'm not certain 
    • Funny. I created a thread a while back that completely discredits this notion that he’s a running back…    He’s a pocket passer. Who runs on designed calls. Check the tape. 
  • Members

• Smonroe

Smonroe 6,305

• RollerColt

RollerColt 12,666

• Demo627

Demo627 0

Rookie
    • Fluke_33

Fluke_33 5,095

• jvan1973

jvan1973 11,066