Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NBA, Pacers and all NBA talk

We had to win this game and we got it. Can't go down 0-3. We are a different a team at home, tough to beat here. Great gritty win. Like I said, 1 game at a time, I know they are going to bring it again Sunday as that is a good team over there. Can't wait for Sunday!

• Like 1

I thought Haliburton was very aggressive tonight and he had a big scoring game. Turner's defense was another reason why we won. Nembhard's game winning 3 at the end was justice because all game long NY was making 3 after 3. Divincenzo was shooting like Larry Bird lmao .

That Nembhard 3 was one of the more terrifying late game sequences I can remember. He was all over the place last night, and when the shot clock got down to 8 and we still had the ball way out at the logo I told my son they were going to waste the possession. When he shot that 3 from back there I was ready to flip the table. But somehow it went. I do believe that was the 1 time out of 10 it would, though. I don’t want to see them run a possession like that late in a game again anytime soon. That was absolutely flirting with disaster. Hopefully it gave them the confidence they need to turn this series in their favor. 

Hopefully Haliburton isn’t too dinged up. He was definitely hobbling after that weird ankle twist/roll in the second half and he wasn’t attacking with the charge he was before. Just in general across the board last night’s game seemed to take a toll physically. Plenty of hard spills in that one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

That Nembhard 3 was one of the more terrifying late game sequences I can remember. He was all over the place last night, and when the shot clock got down to 8 and we still had the ball way out at the logo I told my son they were going to waste the possession. When he shot that 3 from back there I was ready to flip the table. But somehow it went. I do believe that was the 1 time out of 10 it would, though. I don’t want to see them run a possession like that late in a game again anytime soon. That was absolutely flirting with disaster. Hopefully it gave them the confidence they need to turn this series in their favor. 

Hopefully Haliburton isn’t too dinged up. He was definitely hobbling after that weird ankle twist/roll in the second half and he wasn’t attacking with the charge he was before. Just in general across the board last night’s game seemed to take a toll physically. Plenty of hard spills in that one. 

They were making lucky 3's all night. Divincenzo was shooting like Larry Bird. You know what I say, 1 lucky 3 (by them and they had several), deserves another (by us). If we get Game 4 we will win the series because our depth will continue to wear them down. Haliburton outplayed Brunson last night scoring 35, Brunson is getting tired, and they only go 7 deep and OG is out for the series it looks like, we go 10 deep. I don't see Divincenzo shooting like that again either.

As long as the REFS call it fairly, we have a chance. When Nembhard made that 3, Doris Burke sounded like she was hating life. She said in a low voice "so the tide is turning". Everyone outside of INDY wants NY to win because they are a big market, it is comical. 

Pacers have now won 15 straight at home and are 4-0 in the Playoffs. What did everyone expect, that NY was just going waltz in here and take our lunch money. Not happening on our turf.

51 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

That was an incredible shot!

The block at the rim was great too !

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They were making lucky 3's all night. Divincenzo was shooting like Larry Bird. You know what I say, 1 lucky 3 (by them and they had several), deserves another (by us). If we get Game 4 we will win the series because our depth will continue to wear them down. Haliburton outplayed Brunson last night scoring 35, Brunson is getting tired, and they only go 7 deep and OG is out for the series it looks like, we go 10 deep. I don't see Divincenzo shooting like that again either.

As long as the REFS call it fairly, we have a chance. When Nembhard made that 3, Doris Burke sounded like she was hating life. She said in a low voice "so the tide is turning". Everyone outside of INDY wants NY to win because they are a big market, it is comical. 

Pacers have now won 15 straight at home and are 4-0 in the Playoffs. What did everyone expect, that NY was just going waltz in here and take our lunch money. Not happening on our turf.

I hope so because this series is over if the Knicks win game 4.  

Just now, w87r said:

Doris really is not hiding who she is pulling for.

It's pretty clear to me too. Last game when Nembhard hit that 3, she acted like she was sad. Everyone is pulling for NY outside of INDY. On sports talk radio, CBS, not 1 host is picking the Pacers to win and all they talk about is how neat and exciting it is to watch the Knicks. I hope we win by 40. 

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's pretty clear to me too. Last game when Nembhard hit that 3, she acted like she was sad. Everyone is pulling for NY outside of INDY. On sports talk radio, CBS, not 1 host is picking the Pacers to win and all they talk about is how neat and exciting it is to watch the Knicks. I hope we win by 40. 

I think Barkley and Shaq both picked us to win the series, but yeah not much else cares about the Pacers.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, w87r said:

Doris really is not hiding who she is pulling for.

She needs to retire. 

There's so many great female announcers on the women's college basketball side and the wnba side

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hell this has been my favorite game of the playoffs. 

As long as we can keep the lead around 20, I’d be 100% fine letting the starters take the 4th off. Thibs grinds his starters into dust, lets get a little extra rest for ours ahead of what is now a 3 game series. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Hell this has been my favorite game of the playoffs. 

As long as we can keep the lead around 20, I’d be 100% fine letting the starters take the 4th off. Thibs grinds his starters into dust, lets get a little extra rest for ours ahead of what is now a 3 game series. 

As Slick used to say "Turn out the Lights, the Party is over". Best game the Pacers have played all season because they played both Offense and Defense. 

• Like 1