Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MPJ Wants Bigger Role in Offense

kymd82222

I’ll say this… if somebody put a mic to my face after that game and released what I said… it would not represent what or  who I am in everyday life… I didn’t play in the game so I can imagine mpj emotional state at that time… that being said.. he needs to embrace the fact that JD1 is getting comfortable and he’s much better at getting open.. he should embrace his role as an amazing and emerging number 2 option… while still cashing in next yr 

On 10/24/2023 at 9:17 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Even if it’s ridiculous…..     so? 

As I noted before, Pitt has as clean a record of any Colts player.   So he said something ridiculous after a very frustrating loss.   His first silly moment as a Colt in 3.5 years.   

My reaction is….  Who cares?   Cut him some slack.   If he makes more silly comments then maybe there’s an issue.   Otherwise, I think he’ll calm down. 

Yea, probably but we could close down this forum entirely if any discussion is met with "so".  Pretty much everything said on here could be considered small potatoes.

Pitt made a silly/ridiculous comment.    People are just commenting/calling him out on it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Yea, probably but we could close down this forum entirely if any discussion is met with "so".  Pretty much everything said on here could be considered small potatoes.

Pitt made a silly/ridiculous comment.    People are just commenting/calling him out on it.

Yes….   People are calling him out for it.   A player who has made zero silly comments in 3.5 years finally makes a silly comment and he gets criticized for it.    I think it reflects poorly in those same people.   But I’m not surprised.    Just disappointed.  

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

A player who has made zero silly comments in 3.5 years finally makes a silly comment and he gets criticized for it.    I think it reflects poorly in those same people.

How so?  IMO, if it doesn't matter, then it doesn't matter if some one else is praising or criticizing.  How do you see it?  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes….   People are calling him out for it.   A player who has made zero silly comments in 3.5 years finally makes a silly comment and he gets criticized for it.    I think it reflects poorly in those same people.   But I’m not surprised.    Just disappointed.  

Not sure how it reflects poorly on anyone for criticizing a silly/ridiculous comment.

Pitt's history doesn't change what he said.

So how many times does a player have to make a dumb comment before we are ALLOWED to talk about it? lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yeah, like others have said, I'm sure he said it out of frustration after a tough loss, combined with the fact that this is a contract year.  He's been a great teammate and a model player, which is why people were talking about it. It definitely surprised a lot of people.  

1 hour ago, iuswingman said:

Not sure how it reflects poorly on anyone for criticizing a silly/ridiculous comment.

Pitt's history doesn't change what he said.

So how many times does a player have to make a dumb comment before we are ALLOWED to talk about it? lol

You're allowed to talk about whatever anyone wants to talk about.   But when people make silly comments, some people notice. 

You want to talk about Pitt making a silly comment go right ahead.   But I think it’s counter productive to good discussion.   I’m not a moderator.   I have zero authority.  I encourage people to post.   But personally, I try to notice who makes good arguments and who makes bad arguments.   I know who I’d rather interact with and who I’d avoid.   But maybe that’s just me?    

You think Pitt’s history doesn’t change what he said?   I think the opposite is true.  Sorry, but I don’t see much we agree on. 

2 hours ago, kymd82222 said:

Yeah, like others have said, I'm sure he said it out of frustration after a tough loss, combined with the fact that this is a contract year.  He's been a great teammate and a model player, which is why people were talking about it. It definitely surprised a lot of people.  

I posted several times that I thought Pitt was talking out of frustration over a difficult loss.   I got a lot of pushback from others here who insisted that Pitt was being selfish and was only concerned about his next contract.   He makes one bad comment in 3.5 years and people turned on him.  I thought it was a bad look for some in this community. 

What does this image thing have to do with anything?  If he was really an unselfish guy, would people want to pay him a few million more?   Do people want to pay him less because he reveals that he's a bit selfish?  I don't think it matters either way. Just play well.

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

How so?  IMO, if it doesn't matter, then it doesn't matter if some one else is praising or criticizing.  How do you see it?  

I don’t understand this perspective.   I’m not here just to make my posts.   I’m here to read what others have to say as well.   I view this place as a community, and I want to know what people think.   That includes people I don’t agree with, and who might not like me as a poster.   I’m interested in all perspectives.  

But bad posts, silly posts,  posts that are not thoughtful hurt the quality of these message boards, IMO.   On yesterday’s trade deadline, there was lots of anger over Ballard NOT making a deal.   I decided to stay mostly out of the discussion.   I made a few select posts, but decided it would be better to mostly stay out of the discussion because there was nothing I could say that was going to be well received on a day like that.   Whatever I could say would likely be better said today, or tomorrow or another day. 

Im here for the community, not just expressing my viewpoints.    Hope that clarifies.  

46 minutes ago, DougDew said:

What does this image thing have to do with anything?  If he was really an unselfish guy, would people want to pay him a few million more?   Do people want to pay him less because he reveals that he's a bit selfish?  I don't think it matters either way. Just play well.

Casual fans think players should be loyal to the team they are on.   Obviously that's not reality.  Players are going to go for the most money,  as they should.   I'm sure there are exceptions,  but nfl players are like anyone else.   Show me the money.   

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t understand this perspective.   I’m not here just to make my posts.   I’m here to read what others have to say as well.   I view this place as a community, and I want to know what people think.   That includes people I don’t agree with, and who might not like me as a poster.   I’m interested in all perspectives.  

But bad posts, silly posts,  posts that are not thoughtful hurt the quality of these message boards, IMO.   On yesterday’s trade deadline, there was lots of anger over Ballard NOT making a deal.   I decided to stay mostly out of the discussion.   I made a few select posts, but decided it would be better to mostly stay out of the discussion because there was nothing I could say that was going to be well received on a day like that.   Whatever I could say would likely be better said today, or tomorrow or another day. 

Im here for the community, not just expressing my viewpoints.    Hope that clarifies.  

I think the heart of the matter is that you feel it’s important for these players to be good guys.   Sure, they can’t be criminals. But being selfish or not over how many passes comes his way seems like it’s digging deep to find something to judge.  On either side of the debate.  

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

You're allowed to talk about whatever anyone wants to talk about.   But when people make silly comments, some people notice. 

You want to talk about Pitt making a silly comment go right ahead.   But I think it’s counter productive to good discussion.   I’m not a moderator.   I have zero authority.  I encourage people to post.   But personally, I try to notice who makes good arguments and who makes bad arguments.   I know who I’d rather interact with and who I’d avoid.   But maybe that’s just me?    

You think Pitt’s history doesn’t change what he said?   I think the opposite is true.  Sorry, but I don’t see much we agree on. 

You are being overly dramatic about people calling a spade a spade.  Even Pitt said he shouldn't have said it.

10 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think the heart of the matter is that you feel it’s important for these players to be good guys.   Sure, they can’t be criminals. But being selfish or not over how many passes comes his way seems like it’s digging deep to find something to judge.  On either side of the debate.  

Well….   For Ballard, character counts.   It’s a very big piece of the evaluation puzzle.   Some posters here want a few more tough guys who might not have the best character.   Not sure how many of those types Ballard has ever signed.   Few, if any. 

8 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

You are being overly dramatic about people calling a spade a spade.  Even Pitt said he shouldn't have said it.

Completely different.  

Some here said Pitt did it because he was a bad guy, a selfish guy only worried about his next contract.  They assumed the worst.  I literally told one poster he was trashing Pitt the person because he wasn’t a fan of Pitt the player.   I thought it was a sad thing to do.   There was a LOT of Pitt hate here. 

Pitt said he shouldn’t have said it because he was angry after a tough loss, which is what I said in multiple posts.   Not the same at all.   I’m not being dramatic.