Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which NFL Coach is on the "HOTTEST HOT SEAT"?

sb41champs

17 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Because this thread interests me, and because the two head coaches facing off tonight are safe, let's take a look at how things stand across the NFL with 5 weeks to go: 

AFC EAST

McDermott - Bills owner said there was zero chance Sean would be fired. SAFE

McDaniel - Dolphins in 1st place. SAFE

Saleh - Riding with Wilson for so long has warmed his seat. NOT SAFE

Belichick - Of all the teams in the NFL, they are one of them... NOT SAFE

AFC SOUTH

Pederson - SAFE

Steichen - COY candidate. SAFE

Ryans - COY candidate. SAFE

Vrabel - Bottom of the division but still getting his guys to play hard. SAFE but could be going to NE. 

AFC WEST

Reid - Hall of Fame here he comes. SAFE

Peyton - Huge $$$ contract. SAFE

Pierce - The team is playing decent but he's an interim. NOT SAFE

Staley - They were supposed to be competing with KC... NOT SAFE

AFC NORTH

Harbaugh - Hall of Famer and winning. SAFE

Tomlin - Also Hall of Famer and still winning. SAFE

Stefanski - Has no QB and is still competing. SAFE

Taylor - Just a few years removed from a Super Bowl. SAFE

NFC EAST

Sirianni - First double digit win team after a Super Bowl loss since Buffalo. SAFE

McCarthy - Has Dak playing the best possibly ever. SAFE

Daboll - Giants have recently commented on committing to Brian. SAFE

Rivera - The writing is on the wall. NOT SAFE

NFC WEST

Shanahan - They just beat the Eagles and are Super Bowl favorites. SAFE

McVay - Rams are challenging for a playoff spot and McVay already has a ring. SAFE

Carroll - Hall of Famer and fighting for a playoff spot. It's his job until he retires. SAFE

Gannon - Rookie head coach who's finally got Murray back. SAFE

NFC SOUTH

Smith - The Falcons are in 1st place. SAFE

Bowles - The retirement of Brady might be too much to overcome. NOT SAFE

Allen - The Saints have looked horrible since beating the Colts. NOT SAFE

Tabor - Tepper is not going to go with an interim. NOT SAFE

NFC NORTH

Campbell - The Lions are 9-3 and winning the North. SAFE

O'Connell - Despite all the injuries the team is still in the hunt. SAFE

LaFleur - He's got Jordan Love playing lights out. SAFE

Eberflus - Stick a fork in him. He's done and is next to be fired. NOT SAFE

Counting Vrabel moving to New England, that's 10 potential coaching changes / hirings this offseason, which would make 12 total for the season if you include McDaniels and Reich. 

If I was a young coach and I had my choice to coach a team, I would choose the Chargers. I would turn that city of LA into a Chargers city! They have Herbert is why. Yeah, I have given Herbert a hard time, but he has great talent.  I would put Herbert in situations where he could succeed and maybe even let him call his own plays in crucial moments of a game. My ego isn't that big where I would need to control what Herbert does at all times. They also have some good defensive players. Staley is gone, how that team is 5-7 is embarrassing. Only way he saves his job is if they get hot and make the playoffs, I don't see it.

Other coaches that are history are:

Belichick - top 5 coach ever but the game has passed him by. The Pats need a new face there.

Rivera

Eberflus

Allen - if they don't win that division

Bowles

Tabor - The Panthers won't want an interim Coach.

A good place for Bienemy to go would be the Chargers. He helped coach Mahomes for years and he would have Herbert. + he knows the ends and outs of the KC playbook. Belichick could also lean on Herbert and teach him different things. There was a rumor that the Commanders were interested in Belichick. Sam Howell is young and he is better than Mac Jones.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I was a young coach and I had my choice to coach a team, I would choose the Chargers. I would turn that city of LA into a Chargers city! They have Herbert is why. Yeah, I have given Herbert a hard time, but he has great talent.  I would put Herbert in situations where he could succeed and maybe even let him call his own plays in crucial moments of a game. My ego isn't that big where I would need to control what Herbert does at all times. They also have some good defensive players. Staley is gone, how that team is 5-7 is embarrassing. Only way he saves his job is if they get hot and make the playoffs, I don't see it.

Other coaches that are history are:

Belichick - top 5 coach ever but the game has passed him by. The Pats need a new face there.

Rivera

Eberflus

Allen - if they don't win that division

Bowles

Tabor - The Panthers won't want an interim Coach.

A good place for Bienemy to go would be the Chargers. He helped coach Mahomes for years and he would have Herbert. + he knows the ends and outs of the KC playbook. Belichick could also lean on Herbert and teach him different things. There was a rumor that the Commanders were interested in Belichick. Sam Howell is young and he is better than Mac Jones.

I think the Chargers would be the #1 destination for any offensive minded coach. That team is built to win now and has all the pieces to do it. Living in LA, check. Working with one of the bright young QBs in the league? Check. Defense is already set up as well. I think the Chargers will stay away from Bill and make sure to pair Justin with something who will work offensively for years to come like Mahomes and Reid. 

On the opposite end, the Panthers have got to be the least desired destination in the league to coach. Meddling owner... no first round pick... an emotionally rattled Bryce Young... Tepper is going to have to show those men the money... again... LOL..

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Staley is gone, how that team is 5-7 is embarrassing. Only way he saves his job is if they get hot and make the playoffs, I don't see it.

They scored only 6 points against the Pats. I cannot see Staley keeping his job.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/4/2023 at 11:12 AM, RollerColt said:

NFC SOUTH

Smith - The Falcons are in 1st place. SAFE

Bowles - The retirement of Brady might be too much to overcome. NOT SAFE

Allen - The Saints have looked horrible since beating the Colts. NOT SAFE

Tabor - Tepper is not going to go with an interim. NOT SAFE

You were right with the other divisions. In this one, it is surprising that the only firing so far was the Falcons coach. I wonder when Tepper will "fire" Tabor. He clearly will be replacing Tabor with someone who is either more high profile or who is up and coming (like the Lions OC). I can't see the Lions OC going to the Panthers. The owner is not patient enough to allow a team to develop.

13 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You were right with the other divisions. In this one, it is surprising that the only firing so far was the Falcons coach. I wonder when Tepper will "fire" Tabor. He clearly will be replacing Tabor with someone who is either more high profile or who is up and coming (like the Lions OC). I can't see the Lions OC going to the Panthers. The owner is not patient enough to allow a team to develop.

If Bills lose Sunday McDermott is gone I think.  

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If Bills lose Sunday McDermott is gone I think.  

Why do you think that? Why would they fire a coach who gets to the playoffs nearly every year? If he missed the playoffs, I would better understand it. But he made the playoffs, getting double-digit wins.

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Why do you think that? Why would they fire a coach who gets to the playoffs nearly every year? If he missed the playoffs, I would better understand it. But he made the playoffs, getting double-digit wins.

Coaches get fired all the time even after making the playoffs.  The expectation in Buffalo and around the league is that this was their year to win the Super Bowl.  At least go the AFC championship.  He’s taken the team to the playoffs multiple years in a row.  This year he barely achieved 10 wins and was very lucky he made it.  So far he has not won a Super Bowl.  I think he’s fired if he loses Sunday.  We shall see.

6 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Coaches get fired all the time even after making the playoffs.  The expectation in Buffalo and around the league is that this was their year to win the Super Bowl.  At least go the AFC championship.  He’s taken the team to the playoffs multiple years in a row.  This year he barely achieved 10 wins and was very lucky he made it.  So far he has not won a Super Bowl.  I think he’s fired if he loses Sunday.  We shall see.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate. I saw that Gov. Hochul declared a state of emergency. How is Western NY doing?

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Hopefully the weather will cooperate. I saw that Gov. Hochul declared a state of emergency. How is Western NY doing?

Quiet right now but the action is supposed to start tomorrow around noon.  High wind gusts and snow.  Gov. Hochul is asking fans to stay home and watch on tv. It will be dangerous traveling on the thruway no doubt.  

9 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Quiet right now but the action is supposed to start tomorrow around noon.  High wind gusts and snow.  Gov. Hochul is asking fans to stay home and watch on tv. It will be dangerous traveling on the thruway no doubt.  

Is it supposed to get worse on Sunday? The game is at 1PM ET on Sunday. I read they could move the game to Cleveland.