Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyreek Hill calls outs Pats fans

GoColts8818

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38428848/dolphins-hill-calls-patriots-fans-some-nfl-worst

Personally I think he said what a lot of not Pats fans have felt for years.  

I mean, every fan base has *. Sometimes… I really don’t like people… especially those who throw things at players and performers and the losers who send death threats over a stupid game. Makes me wonder if we’re really that advanced of a society or if we’re worse, just with more technology than our ancestors. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RollerColt said:

I mean, every fan base has *. Sometimes… I really don’t like people… especially those who throw things at players and performers and the losers who send death threats over a stupid game. Makes me wonder if we’re really that advanced of a society or if we’re worse, just with more technology than our ancestors. 

My father likes to say the NFL is our version of the Roman gladiators in the coliseum except we don’t execute the losing team afterwords so at least we have that going for us lol.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

My father likes to say the NFL is our version of the Roman gladiators in the coliseum except we don’t execute the losing team afterwords so at least we have that going for us lol.

I’ve looked into those days, and most of the time people didn’t die in those settings. That was glorified through Hollywood.

I've traveled to a number of stadiums - over the years - to see my favorite teams play.

Fans in the northeast section of our country seem to "have an edge" to them.

Throwing batteries - throwing snowballs - throwing drinks - peeing on opposing teams and their fans - etc.  

The stories are true and cautionary.

The NFL and individual teams have had to make rules and regulations in order to protect team and fan safety.

That is SO sad that people can't go to a sporting event without fear.

I guarantee you Tyreek Hill is a far, far worse human being than most people. (Unless you think it's OK to choke and punch your pregnant GF.) So I actually laughed a bit when I saw this article. 

This happens at almost all NFL stadiums. Like someone pointed out... there are good people and bad people no matter where you go. 

Jets fan beaten in Indy, for example. But I know that's not representative of your city or region. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 3:59 PM, GoPats said:

I guarantee you Tyreek Hill is a far, far worse human being than most people. (Unless you think it's OK to choke and punch your pregnant GF.) So I actually laughed a bit when I saw this article. 

This happens at almost all NFL stadiums. Like someone pointed out... there are good people and bad people no matter where you go. 

Jets fan beaten in Indy, for example. But I know that's not representative of your city or region. 

I really know how the atmosphere goes at home games. It's sad, times are different and more crime is happening. I love a Tyreek player but he is scum IMO I remember Tyreek incident. But it's everywhere, don't act like patriots are saints. It's happening nation wide. Use to be a few words or punches and done. Now it is stabbings and shootings after games. Just ridiculous to get that mad and harm another human being over a dang game.. smh!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, EasyE said:

I really know how the atmosphere goes at home games. It's sad, times are different and more crime is happening. I love a Tyreek player but he is scum IMO I remember Tyreek incident. But it's everywhere, don't act like patriots are saints. It's happening nation wide. Use to be a few words or punches and done. Now it is stabbings and shootings after games. Just ridiculous to get that mad and harm another human being over a dang game.. smh!!

Oh I'm not, we certainly have our fair share of *! That was kind of my whole point. Doesn't matter where you are... when you get 65,000 people in the same place, there will be jerks. 😄

While I would have preferred that fans at Gillette not stooped to that level, I was just saying that Tyreek Hill is not one who should be casting stones. 

I couldn't agree with you more. No one should be hurt or even killed because of a sporting event. 

• Like 2

On 9/28/2023 at 10:53 AM, GoPats said:

Oh I'm not, we certainly have our fair share of *! That was kind of my whole point. Doesn't matter where you are... when you get 65,000 people in the same place, there will be jerks. 😄

While I would have preferred that fans at Gillette not stooped to that level, I was just saying that Tyreek Hill is not one who should be casting stones. 

I couldn't agree with you more. No one should be hurt or even killed because of a sporting event. 

It's just a game and nobody can control the outcome but the players performing on the field. I know Hill is guilty and not good for what he did. But fans that throw beer and objects at him is stooping low as well. Nice to see other different fans everywhere just getting along and have a good time win or lose. I wouldn't say the same thing on the field. If they get in a fight that is a different story. They are battling and them tempers are different than what fans should have towards the players or other fans. @GoPats much respect to you. 

• Like 1

The good news is that likely over 99% of fans (or people in general) are respectful and decent.  The bad news is that even less than 1% is still a significant number and establishes the perception the world is going to hell!  And unfortunately that 1% has a real and terrible impact on society.

42 minutes ago, Breeze said:

The good news is that likely over 99% of fans (or people in general) are respectful and decent.  The bad news is that even less than 1% is still a significant number and establishes the perception the world is going to hell!  And unfortunately that 1% has a real and terrible impact on society.

You know what they say, when you have a dozen Eggs, all it takes is 1 bad one to ruin the party. That is like in the workplace, you can have 3 managers that are great, hear what you have to say and respect it, and are easy to work for. Then you have 1 that makes the work environment miserable and doesn't respect anyone at all, and my guess is, the reason why they do is because they are miserable outside the workplace and negative themselves.