Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sanchez

compuls1v3

Yeah, I know people are sick of hearing this but it’s true he’s also coming back from a serious injury and a complete return to form will take time.  Also his strengths have always been more hang time and directional punting IE letting the coverage team get down field and make plays.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

I think he had a better game this week.  At least 2/5 punts were downed in the 20.  Long punt of 51 and an average of 44.  Much improved over last week.

Even last week the punts were a bit short. Not sure what’s going on with Ringo but Special Teams is a difference maker, we need him to boom those punts.

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah, I know people are sick of hearing this but it’s true he’s also coming back from a serious injury and a complete return to form will take time.  Also his strengths have always been more hang time and directional punting IE letting the coverage team get down field and make plays.  

These are the moments I wish rosters, PUP and IR were more fluid. Let's say Rigo is 80% ready to go, thats not enough to rely on him fully but also too close to 100% to want to carry two punters on your roster. It'd be nice if you could maneuver players around so teams arent forced to play guys at 80% (made-up number btw). I'm sure it would be abused but the rules seem to lend themselves to rushing players back.

2 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

These are the moments I wish rosters, PUP and IR were more fluid. Let's say Rigo is 80% ready to go, thats not enough to rely on him fully but also too close to 100% to want to carry two punters on your roster. It'd be nice if you could maneuver players around so teams arent forced to play guys at 80% (made-up number btw). I'm sure it would be abused but the rules seem to lend themselves to rushing players back.

I think he’s to the point he just needs to play to knock the rust off.  That’s part of the recovery process too.  Like others said each punt keeps getting better.

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

People are sick of hearing a 100 million dollar player isn't back to form... Don't stretch it to every colts player.