Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts at Texans (week 2) post game thread

GoColts8818

Im not sure how much better Brents is than Baker Jr.  He didn't show me anything in the preseason to make me feel like he wouldn't be getting burnt like some of the plays Baker had against Houston.  I know he's not near as fast as Baker Jr.  I do get the logic of why people want to see Brents play bc of being a high round draft pick though. 

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Im not sure how much better Brents is than Baker Jr.  He didn't show me anything in the preseason to make me feel like he wouldn't be getting burnt like some of the plays Baker had against Houston.  I know he's not near as fast as Baker Jr.  I do get the logic of why people want to see Brents play bc of being a high round draft pick though. 

I think Brents just missed too much time in camp and just isn’t ready yet.  If the Colts are going to bench Baker I’d give Jones a shot.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah it’s like Ballard said they have to play to get experience.  I don’t get why people are so up in arms about the secondary we knew they were going to take their lumps, especially early.  This shouldn’t come as a shock for anyone.

They played better than I expected Week 1, but they got roasted Sunday, against a rookie QB with no OL, and a couple of virtual unknowns at WR. I'm not shocked by the inconsistency, but it's concerning that they gave up so many plays in what should have been a more favorable situation.

Archived