Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Expectations for Pittman this Season?

Defjamz26

4 minutes ago, EasyE said:

I will have to checkout. They gotta be really good if your'e giving opinion better than Jr.

Do realize Ohio State has a brand-new quarterback in the fold compared to Washington.  However, Harrison Jr. still doesn't look like his old self after last year's season ending injury.

14 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

Odunze and Washington looking really good right now.  Much better than Marvin Harrison Jr. imho

You are talking about Odunze on Washington and not two receivers? I'm watching videos of him now.

Just remember Harrison Jr. is been in the big time shows and big games, Im going to watch this guy right now.

2 minutes ago, EasyE said:

You are talking about Odunze on Washington and not two receivers? I'm watching videos of him now.

Just remember Harrison Jr. is been in the big time shows and big games, Im going to watch this guy right now.

Washington doesn't have an easy schedule.  They got some really good top-25 ranked teams.  Really want to see how well they do and keep tabs on Odunze.

October 14 vs 10 Oregon

November 4 vs 5 USC

November 11 vs 11 Utah

November 18 vs 14 Oregon St

November 25 vs 21 Washington St

2 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

Washington doesn't have an easy schedule.  They got some really good top-25 ranked teams.  Really want to see how well they do and keep tabs on Odunze.

October 14 vs 10 Oregon

November 4 vs 5 USC

November 11 vs 11 Utah

November 18 vs 14 Oregon St

November 25 vs 21 Washington St

I think he is really good. Let's find out how he compares to Jr. towards end of season. I don't want too replace Pittman I want Pitt to be in there with a Tyreek Hill or Chase or Jefferson.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EasyE said:

I think he is really good. Let's find out how he compares to Jr. towards end of season. I don't want too replace Pittman I want Pitt to be in there with a Tyreek Hill or Chase or Jefferson.

Plus I would take a Keenan Allen like WR which Odunze reminds me of.

4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

More of a quiet game for Pittman. 8 catches for 56 yards. It’s like he has trouble separating on the outside. A lot of his work seems to come from underneath.

He’s not a burner.  He’s the guy that makes a living catching a lot of balls underneath to move the chains.  Nothing wrong with that.  You need guys like that.  People begged for a guy like that for Luck.  

4 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

More of a quiet game for Pittman. 8 catches for 56 yards. It’s like he has trouble separating on the outside. A lot of his work seems to come from underneath.

Yes.  It could also be that AR/SS is not confident yet in throwing a lot of down the field passes to the sidelines...timing routes.  Most of the passes to the boundary have been short...screens...etc.   

Could be a combo of Pittman and AR.

8 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

That 2 game sample puts Michael Pittman on pace to end the season with 136 catches and 1266.5 yards. I'll take it.

• Like 2

On 9/19/2023 at 10:48 AM, DougDew said:

Yes.  It could also be that AR/SS is not confident yet in throwing a lot of down the field passes to the sidelines...timing routes.  Most of the passes to the boundary have been short...screens...etc.   

Could be a combo of Pittman and AR.

I doubt it’s that because one of AR’s strength coming out of college was the deep ball. I think it’s a separation issue with the receivers.