Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Opening Week 2023 Game Thread

NFLfan

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Josh is being Josh… 

What a weekend. A not so good weekend for nearly all the QBs across the league except Tua really. 

Jalen Hurts did nothing for me in fantasy. 

I thought AR played well despite the loss. He just looked like a QB that has been there before. Purdy out in SF still hasn't lost a game.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought AR played well despite the loss. He just looked like a QB that has been there before. Purdy out in SF still hasn't loss a game.

AR netted me over 20 points… on the bench… meanwhile Hurts barely got me 14… and like an * I had Hall on the bench because the coach earlier said they’d be easing Breece back into the game… how was I to know Rodgers would go down and make Breece the only chance?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

He seems to play with the maturity of a veteran in his role in that team... A rare specimen. 

I remember telling Viking22 that the Vikes should draft him. Viking22 was a fan of his college team (Iowa or Iowa St). He did not think Purdy was an NFL QB. He did not think he would be drafted. Purdy almost was not.

Just now, RollerColt said:

AR netted me over 20 points… on the bench… meanwhile Hurts barely got me 14… and like an * I had Hall on the bench because the coach earlier said they’d be easing Breece back into the game… how was I to know Rodgers would go down and make Breece the only chance?

Jets did Eaze him in the game... But he just Breezed past for 100+ yards in 3 touches.

Good that you at least have him for rest of the year.. I thought he would take time to heal and didn't draft him

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Play Breece next week. You got a great find in FF.

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

My 15 year old nephew came over today and was excited he had AR in fantasy. He is a cowboys fan and he goes how do they score 40 and dak got me nothing.

Same with Dak last year too... I just missed all the QBs and had to draft Dak..

Even AR was taken very early in my league draft.. and they're Right . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I remember telling Viking22 that the Vikes should draft him. Viking22 was a fan of his college team (Iowa or Iowa St). He did not think Purdy was an NFL QB. He did not think he would be drafted. Purdy almost was not.

Funny how it all works out.. SF is long due for SB win in this Century, they have great GM, HC, team, offense and defense.. and finally the kind of reliable QB they needed .. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@RollerColt You were at the game in which Damar Hamlin was hurt, right?

Yep. An experience I’ll never forget. It really pushed me into a different viewpoint on football. I was already heading this way, but football is no longer dominating my life like it has in years past. There’s so much more to life. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

@VikingsFanInChennai  I read that D. Hunter had a very good game yesterday. He and JJ had great games. Mattison was ok.

JJ comes of the hibernation like a bullet.. how does he do it consistently... Good to see he's totally on track for a phenomenal career if he stays healthy throughout.

Hunter is all alone now

Mattison, I thought, was doing okay but they rarely ran him, and couldn't figure out why they even split carries for Ty Chandler...

Vikings HC was clearly over in his head, lack of game preparation for the opponent and in-game adjustment showed out.

As the Vikings were fighting behind, I suddenly remember that feeling of last year when Vikings were bad in stretches like that last year too, only difference was they came out winning by 1 score 10 times ..

It doesn't happen like that again, they are the same average team, and they better prepare for next games ..

This week will be a massacre in Philadelphia. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Why does Allen keep throwing at Jordan whitehead. Bills need a better run game and more weapons besides Diggs.

I am still surprised they didn't make a hard push for Taylor. They are in win now mode with that roster. What hurt them last year was not a run game in the playoffs. In cold weather you have to be able to run.

• Like 1