Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chad Kelly becomes highest-paid player in the CFL

1959Colts

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/chad-kelly-becomes-highest-paid-player-in-the-cfl

...Chad Kelly continues to have NFL dreams. As he does, he has a pretty good CFL reality...

...During the ongoing 2023 season, Kelly has completed 149 of 213 passes for 2,402 passing yards. He has thrown 16 passing touchdowns against seven interceptions...

• Like 4

21 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/chad-kelly-becomes-highest-paid-player-in-the-cfl

...Chad Kelly continues to have NFL dreams. As he does, he has a pretty good CFL reality...

...During the ongoing 2023 season, Kelly has completed 149 of 213 passes for 2,402 passing yards. He has thrown 16 passing touchdowns against seven interceptions...

I am happy for him.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sb41champs said:

Yep - serious.

Obviously - I am missing something.

He is the nephew of Hall of Fame QB Jim Kelly. He was Mr. Irrelevant in his draft, but he would have been drafted much earlier had he not had several off the field incidents in college. I believe he was not invited to the Combine because of those incidents.

He showed a lot of promise during his time on multiple NFL teams but he was not retained, angering Colts fans. He plays in the CFL now.

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2023 at 7:33 PM, NFLfan said:

He is the nephew of Hall of Fame QB Jim Kelly. He was Mr. Irrelevant in his draft, but he would have been drafted much earlier had he not had several off the field incidents in college. I believe he was not invited to the Combine because of those incidents.

He showed a lot of promise during his time on multiple NFL teams but he was not retained, angering Colts fans. He plays in the CFL now.

Thanks for the information.

WHY did his dismissal from multiple NFL teams anger Colts fans?

1 hour ago, sb41champs said:

Thanks for the information.

WHY did his dismissal from multiple NFL teams anger Colts fans?

Sorry, I was not clear. When the Colts cut him, that upset/angered Colts fans here. Many thought he was more talented than the QBs that were retained. Some thought he could be a starter here. They thought the Colts treated him unfairly.

22 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Sorry, I was not clear. When the Colts cut him, that upset/angered Colts fans here. Many thought he was more talented than the QBs that were retained. Some thought he could be a starter here. They thought the Colts treated him unfairly.

Okay - now that I have some details to work with - I think that if I clear the cobwebs from the back of my mind - I remember some of this.

THANKS!!

• Like 1