Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For anyone that cares, this is a pre-season game thread.

2006Coltsbestever

Just now, DEColtsLover36 said:

Clifford will be okay. He was doing fine before that.

Yup

I'm interested to see how the rookie QBs play. The one the Vikings drafted did not play too well. Stroud was not great.

The Jets play the Panthers tomorrow. Bryce Young should play. And the Colts will start Richardson. I don't know when Levis and the Titans play.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I'm interested to see how the rookie QBs play. The one the Vikings drafted did not play too well. Stroud was not great.

The Jets play the Panthers tomorrow. Bryce Young should play. And the Colts will start Richardson. I don't know when Levis and the Titans play.

Yeah I was very interested in seeing Stroud, I was surprised by what I saw but will chalk it up to nerves.

How do you like Nick Mullens for you guys?

GB seems to be trying to get their rhythm back.

Commanders game is “suspended” for some reason?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I wonder why...

I like him. He is a good backup who can start a few games for us, if needed.

• Like 1

Just now, DEColtsLover36 said:

Commanders game suspended due to weather.

Wow Browning great throw just now! 2:00 warning.

Weather this year has caused lots of problems. The news from Maui is very sad. Those wildfires in Canada earlier this summer affected our air quality -- It was bad.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Weather this year has caused lots of problems. The news from Maui is very sad. Those wildfires in Canada earlier this summer affected our air quality -- It was bad.

Yeah I saw some scenes from NY, that was terrible :( it even affected us here in DE as well.

Both Browning and Clifford now throwing some dangerous balls, several near interceptions…

• Like 1

Saw some scenes from the Tampa game, Baker 8-9 getting some yards in.

Clifford another interception, Cincy with the lead now and definitely a momentum shift.

Pickett played well too. The Vikes should have drafted Pickett in 2022.

2 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

And now Browning interception. It’s the battle of the interceptions lol

I missed that one. I see GB scored again??

The Giants are leading the Lions at halftime. I think it is 13-3 Giants.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

They said Trevor S on his 7th team, wow

I guess he is a bad person?? Just kidding. A member here said Yannick Ngakoue must be a bad person with off the field issues because he has been on many teams. It was an inane comment.

• Like 1

Is the Green Bay kicker Carlson the brother of former Viking kicker and current Raiders kicker Daniel Carlson?

Mike Zimmer cut Daniel Carlson after he missed 3 FGs in a game against GB. I did not approve of the cut but many fans liked the move. My thought was that he was a rookie kicking in his second NFL game. Give him a chance. :(. He has been great for the Raiders.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Is the Green Bay kicker Carlson the brother of former Viking kicker and current Raiders kicker Daniel Carlson?

Mike Zimmer cut Daniel Carlson after he missed 3 FGs in a game against GB. I did not approve of the cut but many fans agreed. My thought was that he was a rookie in kicking in his second NFL game. Give him a chance.

I just read Daniel is his older brother.

• Thanks 1

@DEColtsLover36  Are you looking forward to the Colts preseason game against the Bills? I read that Damar Hamlin will play for the Bills. That will be an emotional moment.

I'm interested in seeing Josh Downs. Hopefully he will play.

The Game Thread will be in the Colts Game Day section tomorrow. I will be watching the game on my phone or laptop on NFL+ which was Game Pass two years ago. I could stream it on my TV but I won't be doing that.

• Like 1

Man this GB game is crazy! Scoring and momentum shifts back and forth!

I am definitely looking forward to seeing the Colts back on the field! :rock: I don’t care for what, even if it’s just preseason. I’ve licked my wounds from last season (for the most part lol) and just want to get over the embarrassment. Looking forward to seeing what our boys can do!

I think it will be a bit scary seeing Hamlin back on the field but I know it will certainly be emotional.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

The Lions fans are very optimistic. They love their head coach. I do too. I was very intrigued by their team last year and even more this year. And they signed one of my favorite people, Teddy Bridgewater. He may not make the team. He is battling Sudfeld for backup QB but Sudfeld is ahead of him.

I won't take depth chart version 1 seriously... Teddy has to fight for the spot, but if their starter is injured, I'd rather have teddy to start than Sudfeld... Unless proven otherwise convincingly. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Mike Zimmer cut Daniel Carlson after he missed 3 FGs in a game against GB. I did not approve of the cut but many fans liked the move. My thought was that he was a rookie kicking in his second NFL game. Give him a chance. :(. He has been great for the Raiders.

Yes, brother. Both went to Auburn, I recall.

Lions seem to be obsessed with collecting RBs from other team cuts in their roster.. Gibbs, Montgomery, Ozigbo, Snell, and then some fringe RBs like Reynolds, Jefferson, then Minnesota Gophers rookie I think..

And, when it comes to regular season, I'm not sure they do a good job of utilizing their RBs well. Lions' offense last year did awesome mainly due to the brilliance of RB Jamaal Williams, IMO. I think he'll be very much missed this season, and Lions won't be that smooth in offense as last year unless one of their RBs have a great season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Funny how much Vikings reporters hype too much, only to let down fans every year, like they hyped Mond as dual threat QB. I can't judge Hall by these few snaps, but the hype seemed to suggest he was already better than Mullens...

Mullens is very solid, IMO, to keep the season afloat, if the starter happens to be out. Hall will need to show a lot to take the spot from Mullens, and I hope Vikings management do a good job of drafting franchise QB, rather than trying fringe QBs left behind in draft every year. 

2 hours ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Yeah I was very interested in seeing Stroud, I was surprised by what I saw but will chalk it up to nerves.

GB seems to be trying to get their rhythm back.

Mullens is Brock Purdy type, very solid to have in the roster, though lot has to go well if he's to be the starter like Keenum had in 2017... At least, we have got him as backup rather than the ones we used to have like Siemian earlier. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Funny how much Vikings reporters hype too much, only to let down fans every year, like they hyped Mond as dual threat QB. I can't judge Hall by these few snaps, but the hype seemed to suggest he was already better than Mullens...

Mullens is very solid, IMO, to keep the season afloat, if the starter happens to be out. Hall will need to show a lot to take the spot from Mullens, and I hope Vikings management do a good job of drafting franchise QB, rather than trying fringe QBs left behind in draft every year. 

Mond was awful.

I'm watching the Cardinals. I think the Vikes could have drafted Clayton Tune. WR Michael Wilson from Stanford is impressing.

Uh oh. Tune with the INT. I am jinxing everyone. But I have no problem with INTs in the preseason. I want to see what they can do. It is the time to experiment. If it results in an INT, who cares? It does not mean much. It is how they play that is important.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Pittsburgh is leading 27-7 over Tampa Bay.

GB RB Emanuel Wilson has stolen the show, though the plays might have been against the third string defense ..

He was not even in top 500 list of players in draft consensus board and went undrafted, picked up by Broncos only to be waived... I guess today is a very proud day for him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Mond was awful.

I'm watching the Cardinals. I think the Vikes could have drafted Clayton Tune. WR Michael Wilson from Stanford is impressing.

Uh oh. Tune with the INT. I am jinxing everyone. But I have no problem with INTs in the preseason. I want to see what they can do. It is the time to experiment. If it results in an INT, who cares? It does not mean much. It is how they play that is important.

Yes, no worries with the results. Process and learning is more important. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@stitches was a big fan of J. Love. I wonder how Stitches believes he will perform this year.

Yeah, I really liked him as a prospect. No idea how he's progressed over the last 2-3 years. There seem to have been mixed reviews over the years since he's entered the league. I guess we are at the point where we will see if he's going to be a starting QB in the league or not over the long-term. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yeah, I really liked him as a prospect. No idea how he's progressed over the last 2-3 years. There seem to have been mixed reviews over the years since he's entered the league. I guess we are at the point where we will see if he's going to be a starting QB in the league or not over the long-term. 

He looked good last night. Aaron who? lol, just kidding. He did look sharp.

@2006Coltsbestever Levis threw an INT to end the game. He and Willis played the whole game. The Titans had a chance to win in the last two series of the game but neither QB could get them to the end zone. 

Earlier, I said that Levis led to the Titans early TD. I was wrong. It was Willis that scored a rushing TD. They scored another rushing TD later in the game but it was someone else (a RB, I believe).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Hope this doesn’t sound like a homer but I think Richardson had a better debut then young and stroud.  I understand play calling is different. Reich was calling safe preseason plays. But a good start. Richardson played one more dearies then stroud. Young played almost the entire half.

I think Young played only one series in the 2nd quarter. Matt Corral took over after that. 

I thought Richardson looked the most poised and played the best overall. I liked what I saw from Clayton Tune also while I was watching. I did not watch the whole game.

• Like 2