Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For anyone that cares, this is a pre-season game thread.

2006Coltsbestever

38 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Looks like these mid to late round quarterbacks who are older or have a lot of college experience are looking good. O’Connell looks like Derek  Carr.

I thought Tanner McKee looked pretty good too. The Eagles have a knack of drafting good QBs outside the first round.

@VikingsFanInChennai  Our rookie QB was not too impressive. Does he make the 53-man roster.

What did you think of Bechton? Darius Rush may have been a better pick.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Tweets won’t embed on the board right now.

Embedded just fine for me.

You might need to hit up Elon Musk.

I think I saw something, it said you shared the most post from Twitter(X), that was viewed by non account having people, than any other account holder.

Crazy stat, congrats, but Musk might be mad at you, and there for, restricted you? IDK?

Lol, I'm just kidding? Maybe need to clear your cookies, you are a tweet posting machine.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Detroit has at least 5 QBs in camp.

Only Sudfeld and Martinez played in the first preseason game. Will either make the team. I assume Hooker will make it. Teddy? I don't know.

Goff, Teddy, Hooker will make the team. They didn't sign Teddy this late in the game to not have him on the final roster.

Be a great mentor to Hooker over there as Goff is on the field.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Well I had to do this a different way lol. My twitter links seem to be broken.

It is very early. The numbers don't fully explain how someone played. Lance looked terrible when I was watching. I had to go out and stopped watching. His stat line looks okay. It probably looks better than he played.

Clifford had two INTs but I thought he played pretty well when I was watching him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It is very early. The numbers don't fully explain how someone played. Lance looked terrible when I was watching. I had to go out and stopped watching. His stat line looks okay. It probably looks better than he played.

Clifford had two INTs but I thought he played pretty well when I was watching him.

A lot of these guys did not play against starters . While Aidan O’Connell looked good SF did not play any starters on defense. So there is always  some context to these numbers. The 3 rookies who went top five I think all played against first team defense. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

A lot of these guys did not play against starters . While Aidan O’Connell looked good SF did not play any starters on defense. So there is always  some context to these numbers. The 3 rookies who went top five I think all played against first team defense. 

Exactly. That is why the stats are not as important as how the players looked as they played.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I'm always in favor of playing starters especially rookies and others that if do not have a lot of experience. I think they should have let Richardson play more. The Rams and Titans had their drafted rookie QBs play most of the game. It gives them experience. Bryce Young did not play enough.

I think Rams and Titans played them a lot because these guys are backups and that's who play the most in preseason. Levis played many snaps too 

In contrast, Stroud, Young and Richardson didn't get much because teams don't like to have any chance of injury to starters during this time, especially when players come off a long break that might add the risk of tweaking something.

Game 2 might feature them more, and game 3 is probably for third string players to make most of the chance before the roster cuts.

As for the rookie QBs, as none of them except Young may be fully ready, teams already will have plans to roll them out during the season without much hurry. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Anyone watch Dorian Thompson Robinson play last night. He looks really good. Something about these older quarterbacks being able to come in and play well right away.

I didn't watch, but I believe he would have been very good in Steichen's offense.

Just turning the games on now. I have Bengals @ Falcons showing on NFL Network and Panthers and Giants on local TV.

Atlanta just scored, a drive engineered by QB Taylor Heinicke.  Falcons lead 10-6.

Giants lead the Panthers 21 to 12 with 7 minutes left in the game.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Just turning the games on now. I have Bengals @ Falcons showing on NFL Network and Panthers and Giants on local TV.

Atlanta just scored, a drive engineered by QB Taylor Heinicke.  Falcons lead 10-6.

Giants lead the Panthers 21 to 12 with 7 minutes left in the game.

Giants have let the Panthers come up close. They will need to maintain control of the ball and the clock for them to pull out the win in these last few minutes of the game.

• Like 1

Colts host the Bears tomorrow at 7pm ET (6PM CT). The game thread has been created and is programmed to show in the Colts Game Day section a few hours before the game.

NFL Network should be showing the game live but if you live locally, you will see it on a local channel. Enjoy! :colts:

• Like 3

Vikings are playing the Cardinals in MN. I'm watching on NFL+.  They are playing backups. Vikings have a 14-0 lead, five minutes in.

3rd-string RB McBride with a TD run. 7-0

Vikes force a fumble deep in Arizona territory. Vikes would score a TB on the next play, Hall to someone I never heard of (Abram Smith??).