Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Araiza

jvan1973

If teams are willing to sign "problem players" - you would think that someone would be snatching him up immediately.

Actually - the Buffalo Bills should re-sign him since they dumped him before the investigation in to the charges was complete.

THAT would be "pay back"!!  

They should also offer "back pay" - in my humble opinion.

If they don't - why don't the Colts sign him - and - trade Rigaberto Sanchez and his salary for a younger player.

UPDATE FROM NFL.com:

P Matt Araiza is being hosted for a workout on Wednesday by the New York Jets, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. Araiza, a 2022 sixth-round pick, was waived by the Buffalo Bills last August after he was accused of participating in a gang rape while at San Diego State. The punter did not play last season. The workout comes one week after San Diego State said an internal investigation found no wrongdoing by Araiza in the alleged assault at an off-campus party in October 2021. The San Diego County District Attorney's Office said last December that no charges would be filed against Araiza or any of his former Aztec teammates who were also accused in the reported assault.

On 5/13/2023 at 1:13 PM, sb41champs said:

If teams are willing to sign "problem players" - you would think that someone would be snatching him up immediately.

Actually - the Buffalo Bills should re-sign him since they dumped him before the investigation in to the charges was complete.

THAT would be "pay back"!!  

They should also offer "back pay" - in my humble opinion.

If they don't - why don't the Colts sign him - and - trade Rigaberto Sanchez and his salary for a younger player.

If the Colts sign him why should any team trade for Sanchez? Just wait for him to be released  and work their own deal.. 

18 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If the Colts sign him why should any team trade for Sanchez? Just wait for him to be released  and work their own deal.. 

Excellent point.

But - a team who desperately NEEDS a punter before the final cut down - might be willing to work a deal.

42 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

Excellent point.

But - a team who desperately NEEDS a punter before the final cut down - might be willing to work a deal.

I think he probably found a home with the Jets. They seem to be on an upward trend with what they have done over the last couple of years.  

22 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think he probably found a home with the Jets. They seem to be on an upward trend with what they have done over the last couple of years.  

I thought the same thing.  

The Jets have spent the off season significantly upgrading at a number of positions.  They may be the most improved team in the AFC East.

• Like 1