Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[PFF] Way-too-early 2024 NFL Mock Draft

Ok, since we're doing waaaay waaaay too early draft predictions, I guess I'll put in mine.

1 - Marvin Harrison Jr, WR, Ohio St (draftek ranking #2)

2 - Trey Benson, RB, Florida St (draftek ranking #55)

3 - Zak Zinter, G, Michigan (draftek ranking #75)

4 - Drake Nugent, C, Michigan (draftek ranking #126)

5 - Frank Gore Jr, RB, Southern Miss (draftek ranking #132)

I'm in agreement with @indykmj.  Marvin 2.0 is gonna drop a bit.  And we're gonna be in a position to grab him.  I still think he'll be amazing, and will add to the Rare Air roster we're building now.  Trey Benson has lightning-quick twitch explosion and big play ability.  We're gonna need something more than a 4th rounder in the backfield, after JT gets traded.  I chose the Michigan twins, Zinter and Nugent, to directly replace Pinter and Fries.  They've already got chemistry, which will help their development playing next to each other.  While we're drafting sons of previous Colts players, we might as well draft Frank Gore Jr.  He's a bit undersized, but has his father's patience to follow his blockers, and get the most out of the play.

Not really doing a mock but a pre-draft watchlist,

FS Kamren Kinchens (Miami) As a true FS led the country with a 90.0 grade and 90.7 coverage grade with 6 INTs – PFF Week 11 TOW honors in 2022 – had a career day 94.9 grade vs Georgia Tech in Week 11.  Processing and tracking ability he had 3 INTs and 1 PB for the season now has 6 INTs and 4 PBUs with zero TDs allowed.  Vs GT had a 77.8 RD grade.  Kinchens had six picks and five deflections in 2022, and he combines his playmaking ability with a strong 5’11”, 202-pound frame. 

Kinchens at this point is my number 1 draft target.  Rodney Thomas is probably going to do well as a 7th round pick, but Kinchens I do believe will be an immediate upgrade. 

TE Brock Bowers (Georgia) – reigning John Mackey Award Winner – on pace to be the best TE in PFF college era – truly generational talent.  Am very high on him at this point in the season but odds are not a real team need for the Colts in long-term.  Guess it will come down to the health of our current TE's as each seems to have had injury issues. 

Edge Laiatu Latu (UCLA) – 2023 Week 1 had 3 sacks, 3 hits and 4 hurries to earn 93.9 PFF pass-rushing grade for TOW 1 honors.  Didn't have anything on Latu before but looking back at his stat line for 2022 was very impressive 10.5 sacks, 3 FF and 2 FR.

For our OL am keeping track of:

• OL Cooper Beebe (KSU) - more jack of all trades OL and earned 2022 PFF TOW 6 honors and recently 2023 PFF TOW 2 honors
  • RG Zak Zinter (Michigan) - Earned 2022 PFF Week 5 and 11 honors 
  • OL AJ Gillie (Louisiana) Junior - In 2021 PFF grade 92.3 with a 69.1 PBLK and 94.4 RBLK grades.  Forgot to get his 2022 end of year grades
  • RG Connor Colby (Iowa) Junior – made 2022 PFF Week 3 team same as Freshman LT

After the issues with JT and our rushing game am interested in HB Kimani Vidal (Troy) Junior - 2022 PFF TOW 12, 2023 PFF TOW 1 honors.

Depending on how Kenny Moore does, and his contract renegotiations keep tabs on STAR/Money-NCB Tykee Smith (Georgia) – In 2020 didn’t allow a single catch of 15+ yards in coverage – graded as top (1) safeties returned to school in 2021.  In 2022 Smith was ranked #2 returning to college safety.  He missed most of 2021 with an ankle injury, torn ACL.

If we got to replace Grover Stewart look for another Stewart as in DL Keenan Stewart (UTEP) who dominated JUCO.  Last six games in 2020 produced a 92.7 PFF grade and anchored a 94.4 run-defense grade.  What has he done lately? 

Another watchlist player was DB Isheem Young (Iowa St) – 83.5 PFF grade after 4 weeks in 2021.