Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Veteran NFL Free Agents

sb41champs

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Matt Gay. I love Ebukam and Minshew, but Gay is as close to a Tucker clone as we will get, and we've had some bad kicking the last few years, so it will be nice to have an elite kicker again. I don't take that for granted.

There does seem to be a few who had a problem with Ballard for signing Gay that's for sure.  Personally I didn't have an issue.  

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

There does seem to be a few who had a problem with Ballard for signing Gay that's for sure.  Personally I didn't have an issue.  

Me either. I thought it was creative and a unique way to upgrade. There's no guarantee drafting a K will be an upgrade as there's lots of volatility in the position. The great ones play til 40 anyway, so I love signing Gay to this contract. Should be a top 5 kicker for us, and for a rookie QB, kicking those 50+ yard FGs will come in handy.

Excited isn’t the right word for me since none of them are exactly high profile except Gay.  

But I’m hoping they all have roles that help the team.

I still think we need a real pass rusher.  With the D we play, those DBs are going to be taxed.  

44 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Excited isn’t the right word for me since none of them are exactly high profile except Gay.  

But I’m hoping they all have roles that help the team.

I still think we need a real pass rusher.  With the D we play, those DBs are going to be taxed.  

If we drafted Will Anderson at 4, how would you feel about that? I'm guessing by your comment you aren't that high on Ebukam.

47 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If we drafted Will Anderson at 4, how would you feel about that? I'm guessing by your comment you aren't that high on Ebukam.

I’d like him a lot better if we had our own Bosa.  

As far as taking Anderson, I could see the logic.  It’s like getting a great book for Christmas when you really wanted a mindless video game.  

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I’d like him a lot better if we had our own Bosa.  

As far as taking Anderson, I could see the logic.  It’s like getting a great book for Christmas when you really wanted a mindless video game.  

As long as it is the Nintendo Adventure books featuring the Super Mario Bros I'd be fine. Got one of those in 4th grade for winning a drawing and was ecstatic lol. haha 

Gay is a great hire, if we had a great kicker playing buffalo, maybe we were judging the Ballard tenure a lot different now...

Ebukam and Mckenzie are solid moves too.

For me, still want to see a great player on one of your holes, even if is overpay..

CB, Pass Rush DE, OL

The last several years, we enter the draft with 2-3 clear holes (WR/TE/LT last year) and hope that rookies would get it done, we're going same direction again.

Archived