Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Colts wishful scenario

This is what I would like to see happen as a diehard Colts fan that could set up this team very nicely for the future. I did a PFN mock as a simulation of this scenario below.

I would try and trade down a few times into the very early 2nd to acquire a few extra 2024 1sts in the process. If we’re picking top 13 it’s not out of the realm of possibility. Then in the early 2nd round target a few difference makers on defense both in the secondary and at pass rush to really elevate this defense. Then get help at OT and OC to hopefully round out this OL. Then get an underrated pro style QB on a flyer in the 4th/5th round like Mckee. 

34. Antonio Johnson, S/CB Texas A&M

45. Nolan Smith, EDGE Georgia

61. Matthew Bergeron, OT Syracuse

113. Ricky Stromberg, OC Arkansas

145. Tanner Mckee, QB Stanford

190. Jaylon Jones, CB Texas A&M

Acquired via trade downs…

2024 NE 1st

2024 HOU 1st

Then ride with Matt Ryan with a better OL and coaching staff for 2023, and if McKee shows something great, but if not you have multiple 1sts to work with in 2024. Then get the next potential superstar at QB in Caleb Williams from USC. I think he is a level above guys like Bryce Young and Stroud as NFL prospects. 

3 hours ago, BProland85 said:

This is what I would like to see happen as a diehard Colts fan that could set up this team very nicely for the future. I did a PFN mock as a simulation of this scenario below.

I would try and trade down a few times into the very early 2nd to acquire a few extra 2024 1sts in the process. If we’re picking top 13 it’s not out of the realm of possibility. Then in the early 2nd round target a few difference makers on defense both in the secondary and at pass rush to really elevate this defense. Then get help at OT and OC to hopefully round out this OL. Then get an underrated pro style QB on a flyer in the 4th/5th round like Mckee. 

2024 NE 1st

2024 HOU 1st

Then ride with Matt Ryan with a better OL and coaching staff for 2023, and if McKee shows something great, but if not you have multiple 1sts to work with in 2024. Then get the next potential superstar at QB in Caleb Williams from USC. I think he is a level above guys like Bryce Young and Stroud as NFL prospects. 

So in this scenario, if McKee does fail and you go into 2024, what are we doing to ensure we get Williams? I get having extra 1st round picks, but to sell there also has to be a buyer. How do we know the team picking at number 1 overall will want to move down? I think pushing all the chips in exclusively for one player in a draft that’s a year and a half out is really presumptuous. I know you said this is wishful thinking, but it’s beyond that. This is like trying to gas the Mega Million for 2025z

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2022 at 9:35 PM, BProland85 said:

2024 NE 1st

2024 HOU 1st

I agree Caleb Williams looks elite from what little I seen of him and is probably more desirable than the '23 QB class. 

But being/getting in position to get him will be difficult unless we really are awful and lucky next year, which we could, be awful.that is. LoL

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I agree Caleb Williams looks elite from what little I seen of him and is probably more desirable than the '23 QB class. 

But being/getting in position to get him will be difficult unless we really are awful and lucky next year, which we could, be awful.that is. LoL

I’ll have to update my mock but I feel if we traded down a few times with bottom barrel teams, having three 1sts would give us a great shot at either Drake Maye or Williams. But I also like Young from the 23 class as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2022 at 7:39 PM, BProland85 said:

I’ll have to update my mock but I feel if we traded down a few times with bottom barrel teams, having three 1sts would give us a great shot at either Drake Maye or Williams. But I also like Young from the 23 class as well. 

I don't know anything about drake maye  but I too like Young and add Stroud too.

Archived