Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thanksgiving Game #3: Vikings and Patriots

NFLfan

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Jefferson is so good.

I also notice safeties aren’t rangy like Ed Reed, Earl Thomas, Bethea as much anymore. If your CB is running step by step with the WR, a safety like McCourty should be able to look at the QB and make a play on the ball. Maybe he’s slowed down because safeties should be able to break it up

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Because Ryan doesn't have any zip left on his passes. 

I think your exactly right here. But it also takes him forever to make a decision which is making the oline look worse. That deep pass by cousins was our very quick. Didn’t have much to do with zip. Seems Ryan’s processing is really slow.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am confused. Shouldn’t that have been a TD as soon as the ball crossed the plane?

I think it is like the Dez Bryant/Megatron no catches in the end. I forgot how it is described. No "football move"??? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am confused. Shouldn’t that have been a TD as soon as the ball crossed the plane?

I can't see the Kelce play well but from what I could see, that does not look like it should have been called a catch on the field.

• Like 1

Just now, chad72 said:

This game the ST really showed up. Vikings have shown a lot of fight this year in close games. They can take the Eagles or Cowboys in an NFCCG rematch, I feel 

Their defense is not good enough. 

The STs have been good all year. The rookie punter has been fantastic. 

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Good night all.  The turkey was stuffed and so am I.  Too much different desserts.  haha

Too much food. I had a small piece of one dessert although we had 5 of them. I should have taken some home. 

Have a good night all.

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

These young coaches in the nfl have teams that are so fun to watch. If Colts don’t hide Saturday I hope they go with somtome younger.

Its creative play calling.

I’m tempted to go after Mike Kafka, OC of Giants, former QB like Vikings HC Kevin, and has quietly produced a very good season out of Daniel Jones, came from Andy Reid coaching tree.

Unless Parks knocks it out of the park, going after a guy like him will help any new QB. First we need a direction to operate for our new QB. No one will sign up for Matt Ryan, IMO. We need to be clear with a plan to present the new HC, a plan without Ryan in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Punter Ryan Wright should get a turkey leg. That guy and JJ are our MVPs.

I didn't get to watch, but was following as it's daytime here. I thought they'd rush more like Cowboys did, think they didn't get the balance but still did very well in the passing game. 

Looks like Vikings came prepared in offense today, didn't allow many Sacks and Cousins balled out even as Run game got stuffed. 

Kene Nwangwu was the MVP too, he helped get the important TD just when we needed. After that return TD, vikings defense came alive, had some Sacks, 4 down stop, 3-and-out, allowed only 3 points in the last 26 minutes! 

This new HC is doing an awesome job, they eat clock a lot in drives, and percentage of drives ending in a FG or TD also has increased from last few years. Offense as a scheme seem to be tough to defend, and above all, he has made Cousins a fighter and very confident than ever in his career. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Its creative play calling.

I’m tempted to go after Mike Kafka, OC of Giants, former QB like Vikings HC Kevin, and has quietly produced a very good season out of Daniel Jones, came from Andy Reid coaching tree.

Unless Parks knocks it out of the park, going after a guy like him will help any new QB. First we need a direction to operate for our new QB. No one will sign up for Matt Ryan, IMO. We need to be clear with a plan to present the new HC, a plan without Ryan in it.

Go for young, proven offensive coordinators now, have to set aside emotion and keep Saturday as consultant and go for the OC/assistant who's got very good experience in game planning, scheming, and play calling. These are the guys who turn around the franchise these days, and can also help find the franchise QB. 

Mike mcdaniel of Dolphins seem to be doing great job too, he's gone one step ahead from 49ers days and has got a very good passing offense as well with Tua and their incredible playmakers.