Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!

OZOC01

Just a note, Pagano has said that we might be one type of denfense on 1st down, another type on 2nd down, still another on 3rd, and who knows on 4th...his concept is "Simple Me, Complex You." Don't be quick to pencil us into a certain style of D.

Also, even though Pagano is HC, you'd better believe that he is going to have a hand in the D and how it is ran. If you think otherwise, then... ... ...

As I said in another post, I do think we will have a better record this year than last. But will we be in the playoffs in 2012? Nope, probably (and most likely) not. Will we be in the playoffs in 2013? A real possiblity. Will we be in the playoffs in 2014? Absolutely.

Why do I say this? We have: talent (already on roster and about to be picked up), our FAs pickups, an owner that is highly competitive, a GM that has his head on straight, and a head coach that is fiesty, demands respect, and gets the most out of a player (based on quotes and comments from his previous players).

I too am optimistic, but I'm gonna keep my feet firmly planted on the ground.

The 1998 offense was probably better mainly because of Marshall. Other than that I think you are looking more at the players career ather than what kind of a player they were in 1998. However, the defense this year should be much better than the 1998 defense.

I will agree that the defense this year will have more talented individuals that we had in 1998, but we are creating a whole new system that will have our two best players playing positions and having responsibilities that they never had before. For that reason, I am calling the defense a wash for now.

I disagree with the evaluation that the offense was better because of Marshall. I believe that most of the players were better at that stage of their careers than the people we have now are at their current development, except for Reggie.