Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Christmas Night 2021

Smonroe

All the Colts fans went to bed feeling pride in their team.  They just beat a Cardinals team on the road, playing with so many subs that they were about to use a TE to play LT if things got any worse.

It was a season that started out slow, but gained momentum like a snowball rolling down a hill.  Resounding wins over Buffalo, SF and NE.  Close OT losses to Baltimore and Tennessee.

We were the "TEAM THAT NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY!".  Hard nosed, run it down your throats, swarming defense.  A sure thing to make the playoffs and the sky was the limits.

wth HAPPENED!!!!????

Just now, Smonroe said:

All the Colts fans went to bed feeling pride in their team.  They just beat a Cardinals team on the road, playing with so many subs that they were about to use a TE to play LT if things got any worse.

It was a season that started out slow, but gained momentum like a snowball rolling down a hill.  Resounding wins over Buffalo, SF and NE.  Close OT losses to Baltimore and Tennessee.

We were the "TEAM THAT NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY!".  Hard nosed, run it down your throats, swarming defense.  A sure thing to make the playoffs and the sky was the limits.

wth HAPPENED!!!!????

I think about that often. I don't have any answers for you. I'm planning to diminish from this site in the coming weeks. What else is there to say? What's done is now done. 

I been trying to figure that out, too.  Probably part of it is trying to change the offense to fit the signing of Matt Ryan.  Taylor had a great season last year and helped carry the team with the OL, and then we lose Braden Smith.  So we're trying to re-tweak the OL.  And working the OL to fit Ryan's style of QB (which isn't that different from Rivers), we sort of lose it particularly when Taylor has a nagging injury.  I dunno. 

One thing that no one will buy, but I can't help but feeling is that we gave big contracts to Leonard and Nelson and it's like they don't care anymore.  I know Leonard is also injured, but I also think he seems lost when he plays.  Nelson has been getting is A* kicked all season.  Not the worst lineman in the NFL by a long shot, but still.  His effort appears to be lacking.

EDIT: But when your cornerstone players aren't playing to the contract, it's no surprise that the rest around them underperform.

6 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I been trying to figure that out, too.  Probably part of it is trying to change the offense to fit the signing of Matt Ryan.  Taylor had a great season last year and helped carry the team with the OL, and then we lose Braden Smith.  So we're trying to re-tweak the OL.  And working the OL to fit Ryan's style of QB (which isn't that different from Rivers), we sort of lose it particularly when Taylor has a nagging injury.  I dunno. 

One thing that no one will buy, but I can't help but feeling is that we gave big contracts to Leonard and Nelson and it's like they don't care anymore.  I know Leonard is also injured, but I also think he seems lost when he plays.  Nelson has been getting is A* kicked all season.  Not the worst lineman in the NFL by a long shot, but still.  His effort appears to be lacking.

EDIT: But when your cornerstone players aren't playing to the contract, it's no surprise that the rest around them underperform.

Not Braden Smith.  Who on the OL moved on to another team?  

EDIT: NVM, Glowinski

35 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

wth HAPPENED!!!!????

I know....it's like a bad dream. Went from the team nobody wants to face in the playoffs to the Browns of the Midwest.

Irsay happened. The team got covid and % the bed the last 2 games of the season. Instead of sticking to the plan and shoring up the oline in the offseason which had glaring issues last season, Irsay went scorched earth and blamed it all on Wentz. Forced a QB change but did absolutely nothing to fix any of the other real issues with the team. He's getting exactly what he deserves, ALL IN!

48 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

wth HAPPENED!!!!????

The ghost of Robert Irsay arrived.

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

wth HAPPENED!!!!????

I blame Covid. Colts weren't the same since... :woah:

Archived