Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Havrisik or Chase McLaughlin

AustexColt

I think it is Chase's job to lose. I would love to get the kicker of the future for the next few years at least. 

Shows how lucky we've been with McAfee, Vinny, and Sanchez. We really need another guy or two to shore it up. Due to all the crappy kicks no one really talked about how well the new special team Ace Stuard played, he had some really good grabs on kickoffs that set them up in poor field position. Another great pickup by Ballard and co. 

16 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I think it is Chase's job to lose. I would love to get the kicker of the future for the next few years at least. 

Shows how lucky we've been with McAfee, Vinny, and Sanchez. We really need another guy or two to shore it up. Due to all the crappy kicks no one really talked about how well the new special team Ace Stuard played, he had some really good grabs on kickoffs that set them up in poor field position. Another great pickup by Ballard and co. 

Exceptional kicking and punting streak for Indy started loooooong before McAfee

20 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

McLaughlin is generally good, at least until 55-yard mark. 

If the new Kicker is consistent, good idea to keep McLaughlin in PS, but someone would get him over the course of the season. 

Maybe.  Teams have already needed Kickers, and none bothered with Chase past a workout

If the new Kicker is consistent, good idea to keep McLaughlin in PS, but someone would get him over the course of the season. 

Maybe.  Teams have already needed Kickers, and none bothered with Chase past a workout

8 hours ago, Jackie Daytona said:

Yeah, but in case of injuries to any starters, which is when teams start to have a second look at all practice squads. Chase has always been reliable, even though teams haven't made him long time starter. 

14 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Yeah, but in case of injuries to any starters, which is when teams start to have a second look at all practice squads. Chase has always been reliable, even though teams haven't made him long time starter. 

If he is reliable till 50-52 for a FG around 83% (5 out of 6) and 90%+ on PATs (9 out of 10), that is something the Colts will take and as a fan I will be fine with as well.

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If he is reliable till 50-52 for a FG around 83% (5 out of 6) and 90%+ on PATs (9 out of 10), that is something the Colts will take and as a fan I will be fine with as well.

I was surprised we took Hot Rod over Chase way back when.  Probably because he was a rookie.  Now I’m fine with Chase.  Feeling more relaxed when it comes to our kicking game.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I was surprised we took Hot Rod over Chase way back when.  Probably because he was a rookie.  Now I’m fine with Chase.  Feeling more relaxed when it comes to our kicking game.

If we would have had Chase for all of 2019, we would have gone 10-6 and made the playoffs (Vinny had key XP and/or FG misses against SD, Pitt, and Mia) that were the difference in the game.  Chase was 7/8 on FGs and hit all 11 XPs while he was here in 2019.  We probably beat the Ravens in 2021 too and to get to 10 wins and a WC. 

On 9/14/2022 at 2:21 PM, GoColts8818 said:

Right and I have said multiple times in this thread I took issue with the play call.  My post was more directed at the people who have been complaining about Frank going for it too much in general.  The play call is it’s own thing separate from that and in that regard I agree it was a dumb play call.

It's certainly not Frank's first dumb play call. Not by a long shot.

Archived