Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Left Tackle and Right Guard

coltsfeva

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Some interesting stuff on the starting oline today. Rainmann went to LT. Pryor moved to RT and smith moved to RG.

Why not it’s camp they might as well look at it and see what it looks like.  The only two guys locked in at their positions are Nelson at LG and Kelly at Center.  Clearly Pryor and Smith will start but where could still be up in the air a little.  

On 8/21/2022 at 1:37 PM, Nesjan3 said:

Pryor been getting worked by backups in his limited snaps so far. Not good seeing as our plan B is Raimann who is clearly not ready to start in this league. Im confident in the rest of the line though. Our depth is poor

Agreed. This is a concern. Is Fisher still around? :)

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Why not it’s camp they might as well look at it and see what it looks like.  The only two guys locked in at their positions are Nelson at LG and Kelly at Center.  Clearly Pryor and Smith will start but where could still be up in the air a little.  

Probably also planning ahead incase players get hurt during the season, which could mean shuffling the line around

11 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

He grades near ELITE as a run blocker. And will get beat often by speed rushers. IF, Pinter gets driven back by bull rushes and Smith gets beat... it will be interesting.

According to ESPN, Braden Smith was top 5 in Pass Block Win Rate AND Run Block Win Rate. 

9 hours ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Probably also planning ahead incase players get hurt during the season, which could mean shuffling the line around

Could very well be.  That’s why I said why not it’s camp.  That’s what this time of year is for to try stuff.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• 0 would be great for Mitchell. Some team have already released their numbers, I expect Colts to do the same soon.
    • Zack Wilson was a bust in NY because he can't grasp even the basic fundamentals of the QB position. Denver is stuck in reverse.
    • I have to imagine he would need to be a Director of Scouting for it to be worth it. Road scouts make a lot less than you'd think.
    • Maybe try to sign Stephon Gilmore. 
    • I don't disagree with any of this.   But I do think there are good drafters, and bad drafters. And I think they become obvious with the benefit of time, especially if you have some issues at QB or you have to change the coaching staff. What might be more important is whether a GM can be good enough at drafting to offset other limitations in his approach (that's the big question with Ballard; maybe the Cowboys are a better example), or if a GM's poor drafting can be compensated for by other things he does in team building (Jason Licht?) Howie Roseman is one of the best GMs in the league; he runs hot and cold in the draft, but he's relentless in using every possible avenue to improve his roster.   And then there are some GMs that are doomed by one, really dumb decision along the way. Which highlights again that it's just about overall hit rate in the draft. It's hard to recover from drafting Tim Tebow or Johnny Manziel in the first round.    Back to Brugler, I did some reading on him. Apparently he's had offers from teams, probably to be a scout, and he's not interested. I don't blame him, that's a tough gig. Based on what he does, he might be suited for a director of college scouting role. I like that he shows his work and stands by it. And I think he also displays a level of humility that people like Ben Solak are lacking; the depth of his work probably helps him appreciate that, as much as he learns, there's still a lot that he doesn't know.    Daniel Jeremiah spent a decade as a scout. Nate Tice worked as a scout. Cosell is as connected as anyone. These aren't random bloggers and Youtubers. Dane has taken an interesting path, but he's also not just a random guy who hopped on a microphone one day.    Anyway, way off topic. Lots of respect for Dane, for sure. The Beast is unparalleled. 
  • Members

• Nevbot

Nevbot 119

• Clem-Dog

Clem-Dog 155

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 21,249

• Superman

Superman 20,884

Moderators
    • RollerColt

RollerColt 12,286