Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top 10 Villains of the Indy Colts?

SteelDragon

12 hours ago, #12. said:

Following the Jets game in 2009, Polian might have been more hated than anyone.  

As far as Colts go, Vanderjagt is a good one.

Bruschi was a punk.  Edelman.  Roethlisberger when younger.  

We had some villains and haters in the media.  At one time, Collinsworth was the greatest Colts hater alive.  At some point, he did a 180.  Deion.  Merrill Hoge hated and hated, but then did a 180 as well.

I will never forgive Polian for quitting on the undefeated season. There is just no way to justify it, no way to sugarcoat it, just unacceptable. Yeah in hindsight some can say we lost the SB anyway but at the time when were 14-0 nobody knew that. Also had we been 18-0, the outcome of that SB may have been different, different circumstance. You play to win the game and go for history because a situation like that rarely comes by. Maybe once every 30 or 40 years.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will never forgive Polian for quitting on the undefeated season. There is just no way to justify it, no way to sugarcoat it, just unacceptable. Yeah in hindsight some can say we lost the SB anyway but at the time when were 14-0 nobody knew that. Also had we been 18-0, the outcome of that SB may have been different, different circumstance. You play to win the game and go for history because a situation like that rarely comes by. Maybe once every 30 or 40 years.

In the 55 years of the SB only 5 teams have been 14-0 or better at one point in the season:

1. 1972 Dolphins = 14-0, 17-0 SB Champs

2. 2007 Patriots = 16-0, lost in SB

3. 2011 Packers = 14-0, lost in playoffs

4. 2015 Panthers = 14-0 lost in the SB

5. 2009 Colts = 14-0 lost in the SB, difference is we quit with a legit chance to go 16-0. 5 teams out of thousands and Polian pulled the plug Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America. Had we won the SB that season I would've been ok with it but we didn't even do that. Even then, I still would've been a bit perturbed knowing we could've went 19-0.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In the 55 years of the SB only 5 teams have been 14-0 or better at one point in the season:

1. 1972 Dolphins = 14-0, 17-0 SB Champs

2. 2007 Patriots = 16-0, lost in SB

3. 2011 Packers = 14-0, lost in playoffs

4. 2015 Panthers = 14-0 lost in the SB

5. 2009 Colts = 14-0 lost in the SB, difference is we quit with a legit chance to go 16-0. 5 teams out of thousands and Polian pulled the plug Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America. Had we won the SB that season I would've been ok with it but we didn't even do that. Even then, I still would've been a bit perturbed knowing we could've went 19-0.

Be upset with him for that but he is not a villain to the colts (except when he was the bills GM!)

On 4/20/2022 at 1:58 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

1. The Football Gods ( the rest are just tools they use)

2. Steelers

3. Patriots and that includes Kraft, Belichek, the Cheater.

4. Chargers with Rivers & Sproles.

5. Luck, for being hurt often and retiring nearly a decade  sooner than expected of most franchise QB's, and that was just before season started.

6. Refs, but could also be listed in #1.

7. The salary cap. The bigger it gets the more difficult it is for a small market teams to compete with teams willing to spend.

8. John Elway. By him refusing to play for us changed the colts for decades. But he too, could have been listed in #1.

Forgot to list Don Shula. Besides rumoured to throw SB 3 so the AFL & NFL could merge, he came to the AFC east and dominated us forever! :yuk:

He's in Top 5 on my list. Lol

Archived