Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good NFL mock drafts?

Wow really? 

For some weird reason I can't post a link but check draftek.com, he is generally good IMO, he finally updated it a little while back. I have no interest in mock drafts that just list players...give us a rationale. 

On 4/2/2022 at 8:10 PM, jonjon said:

Wow really? 

For some weird reason I can't post a link but check draftek.com, he is generally good IMO, he finally updated it a little while back. I have no interest in mock drafts that just list players...give us a rationale. 

I’m not a fan of Drafftek. Everything outside of the first round with them is wacky. The Draft Network is good because every Monday a different member of their staff does a mock, so you get variety.

The biggest issues with most mocks is they only do the first round, so if you’re one of the like 7 teams who don’t have a first round pick, you’re out of luck.

On 3/28/2022 at 12:09 AM, jonjon said:

Seems there are so few now days. I just looked at the one on NFL.com and it was laughable. Anyone? 

We're still fairly early(I know we're 3 weeks away). Once we get down to 10 days or so before you're going mock drafts everywhere. I'm curious to see Chad Reuter's next mock, his last was 3/25, and he does 4 round mocks. 

11 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I’m not a fan of Drafftek. Everything outside of the first round with them is wacky. The Draft Network is good because every Monday a different member of their staff does a mock, so you get variety.

The farther down the draft you get, the harder it is to predict and the more subjective opinions about players are...I don't recall their later rounds being esp "whacky," though I didn't always agree. 

The biggest issues with most mocks is they only do the first round, so if you’re one of the like 7 teams who don’t have a first round pick, you’re out of luck.

Not to me. In fact, the first round is by far the most interesting overall, and the fact the the Colts don't have a first rounder only makes it a little less interesting (plus as the end of that round hits, you start to see players who might slide to us). But you're right, the bulk of them only do a first round.

6 hours ago, ColtV said:

We're still fairly early(I know we're 3 weeks away). Once we get down to 10 days or so before you're going mock drafts everywhere. I'm curious to see Chad Reuter's next mock, his last was 3/25, and he does 4 round mocks. 

Early?? Madness ;)  Mock drafts start around December. This time of year is like the 8th inning for mock drafts. Although of course the early ones up until free agency ends, things change a lot and it's more of a crapshoot, but it's still interesting to see who rises and falls. 

6 hours ago, ColtV said:

It’s out. Came out today actually. The first round is wild

https://www.nfl.com/news/four-round-2022-nfl-mock-draft-2-0-seahawks-saints-trade-into-top-five-for-qb?=undefined&accountId=NFLMobile&appBuild=13241&appName=NFLMobile&appNumber=56.1.25&campaign=&reportSuite=nflmobilephoneapp&siteSubsection=featured&adobe_mc=TS%3D1649464018743|MCMID%3D12455071263896851562223388946038398984|MCAID%3D2AF022798507BFAC-4000010D60021F22|MCORGID%3DF75C3025512D2C1D0A490D44%40AdobeOrg

5 hours ago, jonjon said:

Early?? Madness ;)  Mock drafts start around December. This time of year is like the 8th inning for mock drafts. Although of course the early ones up until free agency ends, things change a lot and it's more of a crapshoot, but it's still interesting to see who rises and falls. 

yeah those pre free agency mocks are pure filler, ranking barely ahead of top 10 lists in the nfl. good for discussion but little substance

Archived