Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

jags

GRUMPY OLD MAN

4 hours ago, DEFENSE said:

with trevor in his second year and a new coach the jags will be the team to beat in the afc south for many years, thoughts

Well, if Pederson can coach like he did In Philly AND Lawrence progresses to the Hype & potential coming out of Clemson they may play against the league the way they play against the Colts.

The 2 most important positions in football are the QB & HC, so the future may finally be looking up in Jax?

We'll see soon enough but with that organization I'll have to see it first.

But you could be right.

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

For the record, while Pederson did win a Super Bowl,  he also got fired for doing a poor job of coaching.  

I’m just saying his hiring doesn’t automatically mean J’Ville becomes a power in the division or the conference.   They still have a long way to go. 

He actually got fired due to a disagreement with the front office:

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagles-doug-pederson-press-taylor-jeffrey-lurie-howie-roseman-20210112.html

7 hours ago, jaxjag said:

That was more than some minor disagreement.   Nit sure why you’d think this isn’t wasn’t a big deal, but I assume you offered thus in defense of Pederson.   

How many Super Bowl winning coaches get fired by management because they no longer share a vision?  When management fires you because they don’t like your choice of OC,  that’s a Big Red Flag.   That’s a front office that has badly soured on their SB winning HC. 

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

That was more than some minor disagreement.   Nit sure why you’d think this isn’t wasn’t a big deal, but I assume you offered thus in defense of Pederson.   

How many Super Bowl winning coaches get fired by management because they no longer share a vision?  When management fires you because they don’t like your choice of OC,  that’s a Big Red Flag.   That’s a front office that has badly soured on their SB winning HC. 

Well… Jimmy Johnson comes to mind. 

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

My point was simply he was not fired for performance. Many Philly fans have been to our board since we hired him. The vast majority of them were not happy he left and come over to offer their congratulations to us for hiring him. 

This is the first proven winner for coach we have had since Tom Coughlin, so yea, we are pumped. 

1 hour ago, jaxjag said:

My point was simply he was not fired for performance. Many Philly fans have been to our board since we hired him. The vast majority of them were not happy he left and come over to offer their congratulations to us for hiring him. 

This is the first proven winner for coach we have had since Tom Coughlin, so yea, we are pumped. 

My point….   Is when the front office fires the Super Bowl winning head coach because they don’t like the guy he’s hiring for OC,  that’s NOT the reason, no matter what they said publicly.  There are many,  many reasons, and performance is certainly one of them. 

For what it’s worth, I personally find comments about what the fan base thinks to be among the least persuasive.  Mine is a minority opinion, but that’s my view.  

Good luck this year. 

3 hours ago, jaxjag said:

Why shouldn't you be? I wanted the Vikes to hire Pederson but I don't believe we even interviewed him. 

All the best in the coming season.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

My point….   Is when the front office fires the Super Bowl winning head coach because they don’t like the guy he’s hiring for OC,  that’s NOT the reason, no matter what they said publicly.  There are many,  many reasons, and performance is certainly one of them. 

For what it’s worth, I personally find comments about what the fan base thinks to be among the least persuasive.  Mine is a minority opinion, but that’s my view.  

Good luck this year. 

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but of course I disagree.

Thanks for your well wishes, we need all the luck we can get. Most of us just want to be competitive again and feel Pederson will certainly give us that. 

We think he is a great choice to accelerate Trevor's development. 

35 minutes ago, jaxjag said:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but of course I disagree.

Thanks for your well wishes, we need all the luck we can get. Most of us just want to be competitive again and feel Pederson will certainly give us that. 

We think he is a great choice to accelerate Trevor's development. 

I think Pederson is a good choice too.   I don’t read too much into what Philly management does or thinks.    He’s more of a proven commodity than most of the other hires this off-season.   All I’m saying is that fir all the good he brings, he also carries baggage.  So, buyer beware……..

On 2/11/2022 at 2:28 PM, DEFENSE said:

with trevor in his second year and a new coach the jags will be the team to beat in the afc south for many years, thoughts

Didn't you just post this the other day??   

On 2/6/2022 at 5:59 PM, DEFENSE said:

after his bad season would the jags be open to trading trevor to the colts, thoughts?

Are you for real?  Or just straight up trolling?

On 2/11/2022 at 11:12 PM, NewColtsFan said:

For the record, while Pederson did win a Super Bowl,  he also got fired for doing a poor job of coaching.  

I’m just saying his hiring doesn’t automatically mean J’Ville becomes a power in the division or the conference.   They still have a long way to go. 

Not to mention, Trevor's performance in the regular season doesn't exactly suggest he is a sure thing, either. Not saying he isn't going to be great, but...

Archived