Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF: FA rankings (QB, WR, and TE)

EastStreet

On 1/20/2022 at 8:01 PM, EastStreet said:

When you have an elite short throw dealer like Rivers, it's fine to have sub optimal talent. 

For most QBs, they need chemistry with a pair of guys that consistently get open. If you've looked at a lot of all22 data, in almost every play for every team, there is a moment when one guy is open. What's important though is that one of the first two reads is open consistently. And the check down, or hot read, is harder than most folks think when the OL sucks, and especially when the LT sucks. 

I've posted the 20 vs 21 WR and TE comps for the top 5 guys. Some did better with Wentz, some better with Rivers. Both are very different QBs, and need very different things. And one thing for sure, Rivers with a bad OL (we have plenty of historical data to draw from), is just not good with a bad OL... So comparing them is not even really intellectually honest. 

Not saying Wentz will ever be elite, but he will be better with a better LT, and he will be better with a legit #2. 

Agree 100%.  Watching every playoff team this year, there’s at least one, if not two great receivers AND at least 1 good TE.  Maybe Granson will breakout year two, but I’d love to have an elite TE ( and  no I’m NOT looking at Ertz).  After watching Burrow get sacked 9 times and still win, I feel with another WR and elite TE, we can make it work.

9 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Agree 100%.  Watching every playoff team this year, there’s at least one, if not two great receivers AND at least 1 good TE.  Maybe Granson will breakout year two, but I’d love to have an elite TE ( and  no I’m NOT looking at Ertz).  After watching Burrow get sacked 9 times and still win, I feel with another WR and elite TE, we can make it work.

More important

OL ranks of teams...

#2, #3, #5, #7, #14, #16, #17, #20

Remaining 

#3, #5, #7, #20

And all them have better pass pro ranks than us.. 

Gonna bet that #20 goes back home next week, but I am cheering for them.

Archived