Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts Have Ruined Football for Me

Smonroe

On 1/16/2022 at 12:24 PM, Smonroe said:

Most of you know I'm a pretty level headed guy.  I don't get too down when we lose a game - normally.

But I'm still not over the loss to the Jags.  So much so that I can't watch any games (better said - I don't want to watch).  No ESPN, and I'm not even looking forward to seeing Kaye on GMFB.

I've been a Colts fan longer than most of the people here have been alive.  I lived through SB 3 (which we all know was fixed).  The loss to the Steelers in the 2005 playoffs wasn't as bad, there were some extenuating circumstances.  Even the second half collapse in SB loss to the Saints wasn't as bad (we all know the NFL wanted them to win to heal the city).

It's already gone down as the worse loss in Indianapolis Colts history.  In my mind, it's the worst loss in Colts history.

I've given up on MLB (too boring).  I'm done with the NBA (basically pro wrestling in the regular season).  And never enjoyed soccer or soccer on ice.  

So I'm left to Cobra Kai on Netflix for my sports fix.

Okay, the rant is over.  This was somewhat therapeutical. 

Maybe I'll be sane by the Super Bowl.

I saw the thread title and I came hear to question your mental acuity, but alas, you saved yourself at the end from a serious tongue lashing! LOL 

Too young to remember the Jets Super Bowl, but that Steelers loss where Quentin Coryatt dropped that Pick-6 in the flat from Neil O'Donnell and the subsequent bomb to the 1 yard line followed by the Bam Morris TD to seal our fates - aka the series before Captain Comeback almost completed the Hail Mary to win it - not even mentioning Kordell Stewarts bogus TD as ran AT LEAST half of the endzone before coming back into the field of play to catch the TD.......ugh.....instant replay was put into play the very next season because of that egregious play! 

The Saints Super Bowl "Victory" is just as hollow to me as the Patriots (Tuck Rule Game - lol) winning the 2001 Super Bowl after the 9-11 Terrorist Attacks.......

I feel you though......I am of the opinion that after they beat the Cardinals they looked at the Raiders and Jags as both easy victories and had the mindset of we just gotta win one to get in the dance. They legit lost to the raiders and mentally forfeited to the Jags.....

I play competitive travelling softball and see it all the time when the undefeated team is sitting in the chair waiting for the team to come out of the losers bracket - the teams that lose have the "they have to beat us twice" mentality versus the we're undefeated for a reason and the team to beat mentality. The former usually gets double dipped and finishes 2nd for the lax and defeatist mentality.....

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

I saw the thread title and I came hear to question your mental acuity, but alas, you saved yourself at the end from a serious tongue lashing! LOL 

Too young to remember the Jets Super Bowl, but that Steelers loss where Quentin Coryatt dropped that Pick-6 in the flat from Neil O'Donnell and the subsequent bomb to the 1 yard line followed by the Bam Morris TD to seal our fates - aka the series before Captain Comeback almost completed the Hail Mary to win it - not even mentioning Kordell Stewarts bogus TD as ran AT LEAST half of the endzone before coming back into the field of play to catch the TD.......ugh.....instant replay was put into play the very next season because of that egregious play! 

The Saints Super Bowl "Victory" is just as hollow to me as the Patriots (Tuck Rule Game - lol) winning the 2001 Super Bowl after the 9-11 Terrorist Attacks.......

I feel you though......I am of the opinion that after they beat the Cardinals they looked at the Raiders and Jags as both easy victories and had the mindset of we just gotta win one to get in the dance. They legit lost to the raiders and mentally forfeited to the Jags.....

I play competitive travelling softball and see it all the time when the undefeated team is sitting in the chair waiting for the team to come out of the losers bracket - the teams that lose have the "they have to beat us twice" mentality versus the we're undefeated for a reason and the team to beat mentality. The former usually gets double dipped and finishes 2nd for the lax and defeatist mentality.....

Got you.  And my mental acuity is always in question.  Just ask my wife.

11 hours ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

I try not to dwell on it, lol couldn't think of a better place than Indy to move to. The title of this thread was pretty deep, figured it deserved an honest "put things in perspective" response.  

Well cheers to you for staying a fan. 

On the OP, it's not ruined it for me, but my passion and confidence sure has decreased over the last 4 years.

16 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Only unrealistic or unlikely expectations can set up the defeat of one's love of anything. 

Very very true, but the FO, does their best to create unrealistic and unlikely expectations. 

Jim's 2 SB prediction being an easy example.

Of course not all of us embrace the things we're told.... 

Archived