Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Mock Draft 6.0 (4/15/12)

Next Colts mock will be the day of the draft.

Round 1 Pick 1: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

- The only chance the Colts draft RGIII is if Andrew Luck gets hit by a bus.

Round 2 Pick 34: Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford

- The only tight ends on our roster is Brody Eldridge and Kyle Miller. Two that aren't starter material. Fleener is a Gronkowski type player that is a target machine. The only issue is his blocking but that can be fixed.

Round 3 Pick 64: Brian Quick, WR, Appalachian State

- I believe we pick a wide receiver in the third assuming we draft Fleener in the second. Quick has the height and the speed to be a real steal in the draft. He can learn from Wayne and become even better.

Round 4 Pick 97: Brandon Brooks, OG, Miami (Ohio)

- The offensive line is extremely key in Andrew Luck's success. He had two first round prospects (David DeCastro and Johnathan Martin) as his offensive line. Brandon Brooks can easily beat out Reitz as starting guard and the colts offensive line will get better.

Round 5 Pick 136: Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia

- Before you comment, "No way Minnifield is at 136!", I think he will, his stock has been going down this pass month. But he does have talent.

Round 5 Pick 170 (Comp): Nicholas Jean-Baptiste, NT, Baylor

- If Jim Irsay wants to build a season of monsters, then Irsay should draft Jean-Baptiste. This kid is a monster nose tackle and the biggest steal in the draft.

Round 6 Pick 206 (Comp): Brett Roy, DE, Nevada

- I am not 100% sold on Fili Moala being a starter at the 3-4 DE spot. Doesn't hurt to bring in some competition.

Round 7 Pick 208: Darius Fleming, LOLB, Notre Dame

- Familiar with a 3-4 defense and could be an average starter.

Round 7 Pick 214: Justin Bethel, CB, Presbyterian

- For cornerback depth.

Round 7 Pick 253: Markus Zusevics, OT, Iowa

- For offensive line depth.

Love the picks like Chase Minnifield, Brian Quick and especially Darius Flemming. Very good mock. Only questionable pick is Coby Fleener. I would love to have him due to his great athleticism for a tight end and his chemistry with Luck but i don't think he'll fall to the 2nd.

Couple notes here; I dont think they will take Fleener becuase they have talked about running and pounding the ball more. Fleener is a stud, but his biggest weakness is blocking. I think they take a TE around 5th or 6th. I think Pagano wants to "Build the monster". I think you are going to see a defense heavy draft early. My predictions...

1. Luck (Obviously)

2. J. Jenkins (With veterans freeney and mathis, I think they can keep this kid in line)

3. Jared Crick (This is a steal if we get him here- Need more BEEF on D and he will be a stud 3-4 DE)

or-

3. Ta'Amu

4. AJ Jenkins

5. La Darius Green/ Best WR Available

(J. Jenkins and Crick were both 1st rd prospects prior to behavior issues and a torn pec. We could land potentially 3 first rounders)

Thoughts???

We won't go offense for the first four picks, that's for sure, and I guarantee you Fleener is out before round 2. Plus, "that can be fixed" isn't exactly a comforting bit of wisdom regarding a MAJOR weakness in his game - especially coming from a fan.

People said Dallas Clark could be fixed in that regard, or Donald Brown's ability to pick up the blitz, or TO's deva-like behavior, or Joe Flacco's accuracy.

Some things simply can't be fixed. Some guys just don't have it in certain areas. I also see absolutely no resemblance to Gronkowski in terms of play style. I think you are referring to body type alone, which is really an inaccurate measurement of ability. Let's face it: Gronk wouldn't have numbers anywhere near those marks with any other team. He's not a phenom. The Patriots are forced to run that system because they never draft high enough to get good/great WR's, thus they run 3-TE packages all day long. Well, it worked for a year, and good defenses started figuring it out. It was awful against the Ravens, and the Giants finished them off. I would expect the same plan gets them 10-6 next year.

If Fleener makes it past the NY Giants I'll be surprised but at 34 he makes great sense for the Colts.

Minnifield probably doesn't make it to round 5, there's just not enough CBs in this draft to have him fall that far.

Here's my take on the first round,

http://voices.yahoo.com/nfl-2012-mock-draft-round-1-11208850.html?cat=14

If you took a look thanks.

The Colts can easily bounce back in the AFC South with a solid draft in 2012.

Couple notes here; I dont think they will take Fleener becuase they have talked about running and pounding the ball more. Fleener is a stud, but his biggest weakness is blocking. I think they take a TE around 5th or 6th. I think Pagano wants to "Build the monster". I think you are going to see a defense heavy draft early. My predictions...

1. Luck (Obviously)

2. J. Jenkins (With veterans freeney and mathis, I think they can keep this kid in line)

3. Jared Crick (This is a steal if we get him here- Need more BEEF on D and he will be a stud 3-4 DE)

or-

3. Ta'Amu

4. AJ Jenkins

5. La Darius Green/ Best WR Available

(J. Jenkins and Crick were both 1st rd prospects prior to behavior issues and a torn pec. We could land potentially 3 first rounders)

Thoughts???

If Janoris Jenkins can be coached up properly he has the tool set and the build to fit into the Colts defense quickly and effectively.