Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

International Tie Ins

Kilsythcolt

https://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12118/12496703/nfl-announces-uk-home-marketing-access-for-six-teams-18-teams-awarded-access-to-26-international-home-marketing-areas

I would have loved the Colts to have been involved with this in the UK.

I always think we are under represented in the UK, for instance, you can buy merchandise for other teams, but never the Colts in our main Sports shop chain and very rarely get commented on by BBC or Sky, this could have helped build the profile, and maybe led to another game being played over here.

I know that the NFL wants to grow the league, but I could do without any of the international games.

Not only does a team lose a home game and have to do that extensive travel, the games themselves just never seem to be presented correctly.  They sound and look different.  They feel more like a soccer game to me.

If the NFL really wanted to expand the fandom over there, send Brady, Rodgers, and Mahomes.  (But not JT)

Perhaps the strategy of the NFL in choosing these teams is that some of them are bad. This means that if there is expansion, only a bad team will want to move to Europe and it would be more likely to happen if there is already a fan base for that team in place.

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

I know that the NFL wants to grow the league, but I could do without any of the international games.

It’s all about the money. I feel almost like the NFL is being pimped out. Football is a North American game IMO and I respect others who disagree. Keep in stateside only. 

Not knowing the behind the scenes that got us to this point, this seems to make as much sense as most of what's going on in the world these days.

It's not the destination, but how they choose to get there that's curious.

Not all teams participating. Some teams assigned to multiple areas (countries). Rams the only team in China.

I'm guessing they had an obligation to spread to these areas, and some teams just didn't want to participate.

That'll all change sooner than later, as long as the money is there. Product be damned.

12 hours ago, buccolts said:

Not knowing the behind the scenes that got us to this point, this seems to make as much sense as most of what's going on in the world these days.

It's not the destination, but how they choose to get there that's curious.

Not all teams participating. Some teams assigned to multiple areas (countries). Rams the only team in China.

I'm guessing they had an obligation to spread to these areas, and some teams just didn't want to participate.

That'll all change sooner than later, as long as the money is there. Product be damned.

IDK. If there's revenue involved, I can't see any teams not wanting to participate.

Just a really strange split or group... 

And the NFL is already taking heat for their map of China... Hope they're not going to be NBA-like....  I stopped caring about the NBA for several reasons, but their hypocrisy is pretty high on the list. 

13 hours ago, MPStack said:

It’s all about the money. I feel almost like the NFL is being pimped out. Football is a North American game IMO and I respect others who disagree. Keep in stateside only. 

Yup. To keep to your message as the NFL getting pimped out...

As one wise man said.... 

Some live for the bill
Some kill for the bill
She wined for the bill
Grind for the bill

lol

Archived