Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Next year WR no.2

On 1/23/2022 at 10:53 AM, NewColtsFan said:

“Pittman is the deep threat”???

You're the first person I’ve seen write that.  Everyone else views Pittman as the possession guy.  The guy who gets first downs.   Is that what you meant to say, or was  that an accident?   

I think people here view Campbell or Hilton as a deep threat.  

When you watch how he played this year, that’s what he was. Carson was always looking for him downfield a lot. He had completions of 38, 42, 42, and 57 this season. Pittman has a unique blend of size, speed (relative to his size), and route running ability that make him a viable deep threat. He can play from both the X and Y alignment.

55 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

When you watch how he played this year, that’s what he was. Carson was always looking for him downfield a lot. He had completions of 38, 42, 42, and 57 this season. Pittman has a unique blend of size, speed (relative to his size), and route running ability that make him a viable deep threat. He can play from both the X and Y alignment.

I think folks assume you always need to have Tyreek speed to be a deep threat. Cooper Kupp, he understands zones and routes unlike any other and this gets chunk plays with his 4.6 speed, as recently as the Bucs playoff game. Pittman has a very good understanding of routes as well in our system, just needs consistency in ball delivery and placement from QB. :) 

Archived