Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What about Cliff Harris

See..this is more like it. I'd much rather have Cliff Harris in Rounds 5-7 than Jenkins in the 2nd. Lower risk, big potential. If you are going to draft a guy with character issues, take him later and get QUALITY players early on. If you are Grigson, you have to NAIL this draft. Can't take risks with the first 3 picks.

He decieded to put on some significant amount of weight befor his pro day and looks like he's at about 175 lbs now. Don't know if his body likes it though. He ran mid 4.6's in his 40 and struggled in his shuttle drills plus at the end of the workout he was spoted outside in the the rain puking his guts out saying that his was overheated and not out of shape. Doesn't have the skills Jenkins has but also doesn't carry the 4 kids with 3 girls baggage like Jenkins does either. I believe that all our picks in the first 5 rounds will have to come in and make an impact right away for our 2012 Colts to be successful. I don't know if Cliff Harris fits that bill. The highest I would go for Harris would be our 6th round comp pick.

He decieded to put on some significant amount of weight befor his pro day and looks like he's at about 175 lbs now. Don't know if his body likes it though. He ran mid 4.6's in his 40 and struggled in his shuttle drills plus at the end of the workout he was spoted outside in the the rain puking his guts out saying that his was overheated and not out of shape. Doesn't have the skills Jenkins has but also doesn't carry the 4 kids with 3 girls baggage like Jenkins does either. I believe that all our picks in the first 5 rounds will have to come in and make an impact right away for our 2012 Colts to be successful. I don't know if Cliff Harris fits that bill. The highest I would go for Harris would be our 6th round comp pick.

The shuttle drills confused me and were probably because of the additional weight, but I promise you he's never had great straight line speed. He does have game speed and amazing instincts though. He's a straight up playmaker. He could come in right away and make a big impact in punt returns as well. Probably best fit for zone packages though.

As far as off the field concerns, they aren't what they were cracked up to be and his teammates love him. Definitely not a locker room concern.