Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Week 5 Practice/Injury Report (Ravens)

EastStreet

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

I won’t lie I like Paye but if this means more snaps for Lewis and Turay I won’t complain. They have more experience.  

Not having Paye hurts, but the rotation is just not hurt as much if he's not in. He was getting good grades, but not getting home. 

I think overall, getting Turay and Lewis more snaps will help us long term. I also want to see Rochell. He was a beast vs the run last week, and seemed to be having his way with Miami's OL.

Not sure if we'll sack Jackson a lot due to his speed, but we should at minimum get pressures. Vill is basically playing out of position (if he does play), and will not be 100%. Mekari is a swing OG/T backup. 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Well, if he's garbage, then the rest of our DBs are hot steaming garbage.

PFF is so garbage, all the teams across the league use it... 

They should all pay you for your eye test lol.

They use it to try and gain a slight edge on an opponent, tendancies, formations, things like that,  no stone left unturned mentality. Every team is doing everything to do whatever they can to gain an edge. No team gives a crap about their player ratings because everyone in the league and a lot of fans at this point know the that the people watching the film, rating the players  cant possibly know what the players job is on every single play. 

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not having Paye hurts, but the rotation is just not hurt as much if he's not in. He was getting good grades, but not getting home. 

I think overall, getting Turay and Lewis more snaps will help us long term. I also want to see Rochell. He was a beast vs the run last week, and seemed to be having his way with Miami's OL.

Not sure if we'll sack Jackson a lot due to his speed, but we should at minimum get pressures. Vill is basically playing out of position (if he does play), and will not be 100%. Mekari is a swing OG/T backup. 

I have always thought  Lewis should be the starter and Paye should be subbing in. He is a rookie.  I would love to see Turay on run downs more. Plus teams pass so much on 1st and 2nd downs. He should be more then just a 3rd and long guy.

Not a bad injury report. Wentz back to full practice all week is good. Smith should be back for the Texans unless they just hold him out a week since it’s the Texans.  So Turay has a ankle lol. Sounds like it was precaution. Maybe they listed it that way because that is his surgically repaired ankle and it was more rest.

30 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

It seems they wanted Hundley as the backup before Wentz even got hurt. He was going to be signed even if that injury didn’t happen. Just seems it took him a little time to get caught up with the playbook. Someone mentioned a few days ago this offense is similiar to the GB offense so easier for him to learn it.

Yup. That, and he's just got more experience. Not to see he's good lol.. He's just got a lot more time in the league than Eason or SE, and obviously more starts.

28 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

They use it to try and gain a slight edge on an opponent, tendancies, formations, things like that,  no stone left unturned mentality. Every team is doing everything to do whatever they can to gain an edge. No team gives a crap about their player ratings because everyone in the league and a lot of fans at this point know the that the people watching the film, rating the players  cant possibly know what the players job is on every single play. 

If you're eye test doesn't tell you that Rock has been the overall best DB this year so far, then you have some eye problems.

Everyone of our DBs has stone cold sucked. Rock has not been perfect, but he's no where near the level of suck, that the others are.

22 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I have always thought  Lewis should be the starter and Paye should be subbing in. He is a rookie.  I would love to see Turay on run downs more. Plus teams pass so much on 1st and 2nd downs. He should be more then just a 3rd and long guy.

IMO, Paye should be starting RDE with Turay coming in on 3rd down. Lewis should be starting LDE sliding over on 3rd. 

11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If you're eye test doesn't tell you that Rock has been the overall best DB this year so far, then you have some eye problems.

Everyone of our DBs has stone cold sucked. Rock has not been perfect, but he's no where near the level of suck, that the others are.

excluding the 3 games this year he has been injured or bad

12 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

excluding the 3 games this year he has been injured or bad

he was playing great 2nd half of 2019.

eye test and grades.

he was hurt pretty much all of last year. 

So in short, 

2019 games 1-8 - poor

2019 games 9-16 - top 10

2020 injured all year

2021 played better than the rest of Indy DBs... 

40 minutes ago, bertjones7 said:

That is my guess as well...we have 6 DTs on the roster...thinking Woods or Stallworth.  Woods was cut earlier this year and on the practice squad.

Hoping it is Stallworth, could be Woods may also be Chris Williams he hasnt got much playing time and doesnt bring experience to the table. 7 DT's and 12 D lineman is a bit of a luxury right now

Just now, EastStreet said:

eye test and grades.

So in short, 

2019 games 1-8 - poor

2019 games 9-16 - top 10

2020 injured all year

Time to see what BoPete has....

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

eye test and grades.

So in short, 

2019 games 1-8 - poor

2019 games 9-16 - top 10

2020 injured all year

didn’t he have a concussion  in 2020 too? Is he getting the injury prone tag?

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

didn’t he have a concussion  in 2020 too? Is he getting the injury prone tag?

He was out a game or two with a concussion. 

Also had the operation (most think appendicitis)

He was banged up all year. I wouldn't say injury prone.

21 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Hope he was worth cutting Chachere... 

Love me some Andre, think BoPete replaced Tell while Chris Wilcox replaced Chacehere and we flipped that into Sendejo. Just want to see what he has, has more size than Rodgers which can be of use if he can actually play.

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Love me some Andre, think BoPete replaced Tell while Chris Wilcox replaced Chacehere and we flipped that into Sendejo. Just want to see what he has, has more size than Rodgers which can be of use if he can actually play.

IDK. Chachere was listed as both #2/backup NB and FS. Seemed to have more juice depth chart wise than either Wilcox or BoPete. I do like the pick up of Sendejo though. Would have preferred Chachere/Sendejo as I think we'd be more well rounded. I'm happy to give BoPete a chance though.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

IDK. Chachere was listed as both #2/backup NB and FS. Seemed to have more juice depth chart wise than either Wilcox or BoPete. I do like the pick up of Sendejo though. Would have preferred Chachere/Sendejo as I think we'd be more well rounded. I'm happy to give BoPete a chance though.

Sendejo looked solid, think we got a keeper there but agree id prefer Andre and Andrew as well but BoPete may prove us both wrong

5 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Sendejo looked solid, think we got a keeper there but agree id prefer Andre and Andrew as well but BoPete may prove us both wrong

I hope BoPete rocks! lol...

We've yet to see Sendejo in coverage, but thought he played the box as well as Willis. But Sendejo can't be worse than Willis in 2 deep coverage can he? lol

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

I think they probably used his arm to simulate jacksons him. Then the other guys simulated his mobility.

I know, was just being tongue and cheek.

We seem to have 2 guys that can run but can't throw well/long. And one guy that can't run, but can throw long.

18 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm wondering now if Wilkins is covid related.

If he is, then we get a free pass on temp elevation, meaning Hundley can be elevated with the covid exemption. 

Reich said it was non covid in his presser. Seems serious if he missed two days Of practice and already ruled out Monday. Or maybe just a way out to have him inactive without a injury. Reich said he wouldn’t go any further into detail.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Reich said it was non covid in his presser. Seems serious if he missed two days Of practice and already ruled out Monday. Or maybe just a way out to have him inactive without a injury. Reich said he wouldn’t go any further into detail.

They really don't need a reason for him to be inactive. 

Just hope he is OK.

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Likely just a case of 3 big names trumping a UDFA.

And the fact they're likely paying the big names around twice as much as the UDFA. Their local media have questioned why Williams seems to have been placed in the doghouse.

Murray IMO just hasn't been that good the last 5ish years. Freeman is great when healthy, but he's been injury riddled the last 4ish years. Seems healthy this year though. And we all know Bell's history holding out a couple years ago, then bouncing to 3 teams in one year. Williams went to 3 different colleges and is still a bit of a wildcard, but he's looked good when called on.

But regardless, really doubt they want to add another to the mix.

Yea I mostly agree. They have some decent rb’s that are just injured. Wouldn’t make sense to trade a pick for Mack, IMO, knowing he wouldn’t be in your future. Maybe a player for player swap. 

I do think they are trying to figure the position out and could possibly be looking for a short term fix to help

come playoff time. Like you said, Murray, Freeman & Bell are just names at this point.

8 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Yea I mostly agree. They have some decent rb’s that are just injured. Wouldn’t make sense to trade a pick for Mack, IMO, knowing he wouldn’t be in your future. Maybe a player for player swap. 

I do think they are trying to figure the position out and could possibly be looking for a short term fix to help

come playoff time. Like you said, Murray, Freeman & Bell are just names at this point.

I think Freeman might be their best shot assuming he's healthy. I'd put him and Williams as a 1-2.

But I'm sure they'll play with the 3 big names for a while. Having Bell on the PS is nice though lol.. 

Just have never been all that high on Murray. Pretty crowded room. 

And then add in IR Dobbins to the mix. Guessing they'll bank on him recovering from ACL, and try to pair him with one of the guys from the current roster for next year. Kinda messy.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Probably Chris  Williams. We have a lot of players on IR. We have not even heard anything about Patmon yet. Then we have Sam, Hilton, Nelson. It would help if we could get a Mack trade done.

They are likely prioritizing the guys on IR. Patmon is not someone they need to rush back. Let him sit there until needed. 

38 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

They are likely prioritizing the guys on IR. Patmon is not someone they need to rush back. Let him sit there until needed. 

Yeah I was thinking about this. I kind of feel bad for him if he is healthy and ready to come back and it’s just because they don’t need him. I mean he can’t even practice. I feel sad for him he is going to basically have 2 lost seasons. Seems they should cut him and see if they can get him to the PS so he can at least practice. 

23 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Yeah I was thinking about this. I kind of feel bad for him if he is healthy and ready to come back and it’s just because they don’t need him. I mean he can’t even practice. I feel sad for him he is going to basically have 2 lost seasons. Seems they should cut him and see if they can get him to the PS so he can at least practice. 

im sure he is still practicing his craft.

13 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

im sure he is still practicing his craft.

Not with the team. The other day Pittman showed him doing the jug machines on his Instagram. Seems silly to keep him there when he can’t practice. Maybe he isn’t fully healthy yet. What if no one gets injured. They going  to keep him on IR all year. Cut Strachan and activate Patmon?

59 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Why would you cut him. Just leave him there so he's protected and you don't have to cut someone. It's not crazy to think we won't have a WR injury later this year. Still early. He can still go to meetings, just can't take reps.

Archived