Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thursday Night Football

RollerColt

19 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Bengals look really good. So happy for their fans. Jags have a lot to look forward too also.

So far to me, Burrow looks like he may be a franchise QB. He reminds me of Luck as in the ability to find ways to win. Lawrence is just a rookie and the jury is still out on Urban Meyer as a pro coach. Lawrence unfortunately is stuck in Jags hell, at least the weather is nice all year.

25 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Which is why I wanted a young QB so bad. They can be fun to watch and seeing one grow with this team would of been fun.

Yep. That is why I loved Luck, his 1st 3 seasons were great. We just ran into the Pats in 2013 and 2014. The 2012 season was priceless going 11-5 after going 2-14. All the comeback wins by Luck and the Chuck Strong game, etc.. I have been a fan since 1984, and 2012 is my 3rd favorite season of all-time only behind 2006 and 1995.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So far to me, Burrow looks like he may be a franchise QB. He reminds me of Luck as in the ability to find ways to win. Lawrence is just a rookie and the jury is still out on Urban Meyer as a pro coach. Lawrence unfortunately is stuck in Jags hell, at least the weather is nice all year.

I am very happy as a fan right now. The game was a bit closer than I'd like, but it's pro football and every team is world class. Burrow is getting much better each week and is already understanding he doesn't have to play hero ball to win. Just get his guys in position and spread the ball around and each week he should have a good chance to win. And boy, he sure throws a pretty spiral. Almost Bert Jones-esque. 

On the flip side, I think Trevor is phenomenal in terms of raw talent. I think he'll be okay, but like you I'm not sure about Urban Meyer. They had a great game plan against the Bengals D in the first have, having Robinson just bulldoze over defenders in the run game. But that 4th in 1 before the end of the half just killed the momentum. The rest of the game they were out of sync, and Lawrence was fooled by the defensive adjustments.  

Archived